IGNORED

Throttle lock/clamp recommendation

joeb

Hi all. 

My 09 GS doesn't have cruise and I'm planning some long trips. Any recommendations for a throttle clamp that fits that bike ? 

Much appreciated, thanks.

6 hours ago, joeb said:

Hi all. 

My 09 GS doesn't have cruise and I'm planning some long trips. Any recommendations for a throttle clamp that fits that bike ? 

Much appreciated, thanks.

Morning Joeb

That depends on the rider & what THEY personally like.

My personal preference is, first a simple "wrist rest" (cramp buster)  that takes the fatigue out of continually holding the twist grip tight to maintain throttle position. 

On the throttle clamp, there are a number of verities on the market. You just have to pick one that you like & will work for YOU.  Personally I just use a simple Caterpillar yellow "O" ring that rolls between the outer end weight & the outer end of the twist grip. (simple, doesn't get in the way, doesn't catch on my riding coat cuff, & throttle position is still easily  changeable with the "O" ring deployed.   

17 minutes ago, joeb said:

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Morning joeb

Here is a picture of what I was referring to above. The "O" ring is a Caterpillar   8M4991 "O" ring, E-Bay usually has them for $4.00 - $5.00 

75I1SiP.jpg

szurszewski

If the o-ring doesn’t work for you, or you just want to spend a bunch more money, I’ve been happy with an Atlas throttle lock on my ‘12 GSA.