IGNORED

Brake Bleeding

Skywagon

The subject of brake bleeding comes up occasionally.  DR has described a process about using a bottle higher than the bleed screw to be able to be able to bleed easily without a pump or playing Houdini trying to reach lever.

The video below is a youtube video with a guy doing what I believe is what DR has described.  It's on a car but the method would be the same for bikes...not withstanding certain abs module bleeding.  Hope you find it useful.  I would start around the 8:40 mark if it doesn't start there.  At the beginning it gives some detail on making the bottle...

I've had one of these for years. You can suck the old fluid out the reservoir and suck the fluid from caliper till you have clean fluid.  You do need a air compressor.  Also great for extraction of automatic transmission fluid and for top side oil changes.  

Screenshot_20220803-123554_Chrome.thumb.jpg.143e7d2fc04bd1b5b0258af728002ced.jpg

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

I just installed speed bleeders on all 4 of our modern BMWs.  Used their bag.  Easy, painless, fast and they are reasonably priced.