IGNORED

Engine bars (again, probably)

phil H

Hi everyone,

I have a '22 R1250RT, and notice when looking arounds for accessories, that the parts are often not listed for the TFT model (yet).

I am looking for engine bars, and wondering if the fitment for the previous model will actually be the same for the TFT version.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Thanks

Phil

The engine bars from ilium works will fit the motor for your '22 RT. 

A word of advice:  get the side case guards while you are at it.   They work.  Trust me.   I even found black spray paint to match the color of the guards on the off-chance they will get scratched again, somehow.  :whistle:

9 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

The engine bars from ilium works will fit the motor for your '22 RT. 

A word of advice:  get the side case guards while you are at it.   They work.  Trust me.   I even found black spray paint to match the color of the guards on the off-chance they will get scratched again, somehow.  :whistle:

Thanks,  I am considering that, but I also like to  travel around without the panniers on for day trips. 

I'm currently looking at ilium, wunderlich, and  T-rex, bu need to source it in the UK.

Obviously I don't want to compromise lean angle, but engine access is not as issue as it will still be under warranty servicing for a while yet.

To remove the side case guards is as simple as removing the allen head machine screw and the bars slide off the mount.  The base mounts stay fastened to the frame and do no protrude.    Easy.

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

To remove the side case guards is as simple as removing the allen head machine screw and the bars slide off the mount.  The base mounts stay fastened to the frame and do no protrude.    Easy.

That's really useful to know, thanks