IGNORED

Is the rubber on the driver foot pegs replaceable?

Tpoppa

On my 2015 R1200R, the rubber insert on the rider foot pegs is starting to tear away.  It feels lees sold and is starting to get annoying.

Does anyone know if that insert is available as a replacement part, or if I would just need to replace the entire foot peg?

Yes the rubber is replaceable. Got mine from my local dealer. They slide right on. I cut the old ones to facilitate removal (but may nt be necessary).

duckbubbles

The rubber is held on with a plate that is riveted from the bottom side.  You will need an appropriate sized blind rivet puller to replace the rivets as you have to drill them out to release the rubber.  My '05 R1200ST had screws from the bottom and the plate was threaded.  I don't know if those threaded parts are available any more.

Frank

On 8/2/2022 at 8:18 AM, duckbubbles said:

The rubber is held on with a plate that is riveted from the bottom side.  You will need an appropriate sized blind rivet puller to replace the rivets as you have to drill them out to release the rubber.  My '05 R1200ST had screws from the bottom and the plate was threaded.  I don't know if those threaded parts are available any more.

Frank

The rivits are why I was asking.  They make it less easy to replace.

duckbubbles

The footpegs appear to be identical to the ones I had on my '05 R1200ST.  Heck, they are almost identical to the ones that are on my '03 R1100S!  (The rubber grip pattern is a little different)  On those bikes, the rubber is retained by a plate that is screwed in place from the bottom.  P/N 46717700919 for the plate and 07129904849 for the screws.  I haven't checked availability of those parts but they indicate that they are not discontinued.  If I need to replace my footpeg rubbers, I would get the parts to convert.  I can drill out the rivets but I don't have an appropriate blind rivet puller.  P/N 46717700912 for the rubber and it may come with the rivets.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

I finally replaced the rubber on the foot pegs.  To do this job you'll need:

1/8" drill bit

Long reach 1/8" blind rivets.  I used 5/8"reach, but 1/2" would probably work also.

Tip:  The rivet is in a recessed area on the peg, if your rivet puller won't sit flush against the rivet collar...use 1 or 2 very small nuts to take up the space between the collar and the tool.