IGNORED

Difficulty in removing headlight housing

KDeline

The small clip that holds the headlight in has come off it’s top mount, curious the degree of expertise needed in removing that whole housing to clip that back in the place? Anybody with experience?

2 hours ago, KDeline said:

The small clip that holds the headlight in has come off it’s top mount, curious the degree of expertise needed in removing that whole housing to clip that back in the place? Anybody with experience?

Afternoon KDeline

Usually you can get that clip back into it's upper retention tabs (3 red arrows)  if you are persistent & know how it goes. 

You will sort of have to work blind (I usually reach up in from the front of the motorcycle over the front fender.

In any case even removing the headlight assembly is a real pain in the A$$. 

uWBzf91.jpg

13 minutes ago, KDeline said:

That’s what I was afraid of. 

Afternoon  Afternoon KDeline

You have a few choices, you can try to re-install it yourself.  Or possibly ride by your BMW dealer as I'm pretty sure they have delt with that  clip coming loose before (possibly the tec can reach up in there & pop it back in for you)

Or you can remove the headlight assembly.   

Check your messages on this site as I sent you some info from the BMW service manual on headlight removal (you will have to figure out &  deal with any police things that block your progress).

The info I am sending you does not break each removal procedure down it just tells you what needs to be done. 

If you need more specific info I will have to break each procedure out of the service manual individually  then expand it as the manual treats each sub-procedure as a separate operation. 

You probably won't have to actually remove the headlight as once you get all the dash & windshield parts  removed then the rear of the headlight is pretty exposed.

I've done it before (without removing the fairing) by dealing with getting the wire clip back in first, then putting the bulb back. But it IS a beeeotch.......