IGNORED

Repossessedd autos

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

When we were at START in Blairsville, a car hauler parked in the adjoining lot.  During the evening and next day the trailer was filled with cars, some with pretty significant damage.  I asked the driver if these were "auction cars", i.e. used car trade-ins that dealers were sending to auction.  He said they were repossessions.  He further said that owners know their cars were destined to be repossessed and often just drove them recklessly and damaged them.  

I once considered buying a repo from our credit union years ago until I wondered, "How many owners who aren't making their payments have changed the oil?"

I'm guessing COPART lots are full of like autos.

image.thumb.png.df1d99fc4b87edcd91f12910389a4369.png

I used to drive for a local car dealer driving cars back from auctions.  After twice waiting alongside the road due to breakdowns I've found better ways to occupy my time.  The used market can have some questionable cars.

John Ranalletta

There are very few reasons to sell or trade a car if nothing's wrong with it.

People always complain about crooked car dealers but no one tells the dealer all the problems with the trade in.  No one.

• Plus 1 1
szurszewski
6 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

People always complain about crooked car dealers but no one tells the dealer all the problems with the trade in.  No one.

I’ve only traded one car in ever, and I did in fact fess up to all known problems,  though there were not many. My wife does like to say I’m exceptional. Well, maybe she says “you’re really something else.” …but I know what she means. 

• Like 3