IGNORED

Some pics of motor po-pos

bendbill

1--A recent LAPD retiree did 31 years on motors!

2-- My dad in 1958

3--Arcadia pd and their cool shotgun rack

4--Sturgis motor police: the bike, the build and the beard--they all fit 

5--when motor cops dream:3:

6--real police gunslingers instead of motor po-pos with ticket books --Hi, 9Mary7.  DTLA midnight shift.  I'm in 2nd row

1  31 years on motors.JPG

2  1958.JPG

3  Arcadia ST.jpg

4  Sturgis moto popos.png

5  when mtor popos dream.jpg

6  Gunslingers 1974.jpg

• Like 3

That you givin' the one finger salute?? or the one starting his log?

Love how the only G rated response is the kiss-ass two striper in the front row:rofl:

BTW, I did three years workin the 'yard....2300-0700....drop leg swivel and all!!:whistle:

• Haha 2

I don’t pretend to be a motor cop…well ok, maybe I did once. ;) Now me being a rookie, :classic_ohmy: what was the infraction on the second to last photo? :dontknow: An illegal plate or too much asscrack showing? :rofl:

image.thumb.jpeg.e8ec9e565349813a57bef52b55a7ce2d.jpeg

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I don’t pretend to be a motor cop…well ok, maybe I did once. ;) Now me being a rookie,  :classic_ohmy: what was the infraction on the second to last photo? :dontknow: An illegal plate or too much asscrack showing? :rofl:

Raise your eyes...

No helmet?

Or just wanted a closer look...

• Haha 1

Actually, the motor officer wanted to check things out, for safety sake.   He was very concerned about the passenger.  I am guessing he did not realize the helmet issue until he made contact.   Just sayin'  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Smile 2
20 hours ago, TEWKS said:

An illegal plate or too much asscrack showing?

and i got fussed at sometime in the past:27:  tis all good

• Smile 1
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

and i got fussed at sometime in the past:27:  tis all good

Was it back or front? Makes a difference ya know… :spittake:

5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Was it back or front? Makes a difference ya know… :spittake:

All back,….all back:18:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe the police used this as a training video?  :dontknow: The horrific carnage that could take place is just unthinkable! :facepalm: 

16 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

.....among other things.  :whistle:

I think that backpack may have saved some skin. Oh wait…now I get it! :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 7/25/2022 at 9:56 AM, TEWKS said:

Maybe the police used this as a training video?  :dontknow: The horrific carnage that could take place is just unthinkable! :facepalm: 

Looks like the saving grace is that she managed to lock up the wheel in fairly short order.  Probably got some good bruises out of it, but I'd guess she kept most/all of her skin.

Since we're doing motor po-pos, here's one from Japan:

2010-11-motorcycles-in-japan-015.jpg

In contrast with most US cops, they get full gear including a flip-front helmet.  

Last night I was looking up the Suzuki Hayabusa on Wikipedia and came across this:

image.thumb.jpeg.5af823748b70f1d9580dd71c360f8476.jpeg

• Like 3
Danny caddyshack Noonan

Interesting given that the initial KZ1000Ps were detuned by 10ish HP after the first couple of years of production.  Too many crashes early.  image.jpeg.8106edc53669a992e3b93163e55f0ab3.jpeg

That Hay-Bus is way more stable at speed than the old KZ-P model!!!!!

5 hours ago, Danny caddyshack Noonan said:

the initial KZ1000Ps were detuned by 10ish HP after the first couple of years of production

The original windshield bikes were converted by Dan Gurney's A.A.R........(IIRC)..... Kawasaki changed to smaller CV style carbs when they started building the Police bikes in- house and the Vetter style fairing was added. The KZ1000P would reach top speed in 4th gear, not fifth. I did love riding those things, even though mine tried to kill me several times:whistle:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1

Is it a requirement to have had your motorcycle endorsement a certain number of years before applying to be a motor cop? Obviously, you’d need the endorsement but just finishing up a basic rider course wouldn’t get you a two wheeled shift, I’d imagine? :dontknow:

roadscholar
12 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

That Hay-Bus is way more stable at speed than the old KZ-P model!!!!!

The original windshield bikes were converted by Dan Gurney's A.A.R........(IIRC)..... Kawasaki changed to smaller CV style carbs when they started building the Police bikes in- house and the Vetter style fairing was added. The KZ1000P would reach top speed in 4th gear, not fifth. I did love riding those things, even though mine tried to kill me several times:whistle:

I bought one of these as a leftover in '79,  got 3 tickets in 2 weeks so had to sell it. My next bike was an R65, mo betta : )

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, roadscholar said:

I bought one these as a leftover in '79,  got 3 tickets in 2 weeks so had to sell it. My next bike was an R65, mo betta : )

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a pretty bike!  I remember when the KZ900's came out, they were a beast at the time.

• Plus 1 1

Like 9Mary7 and roadscholar, I rode a Kawi KZ, the 900 model in '77.  Fastest motorcycle at the time, IIRC.  I used to love hitting high 3rd gear on freeway on-ramps.  Until that one time I shut down too quickly and almost went into a tank-slapper.  :4315:   

• Smile 1
10 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

The KZ1000P would reach top speed in 4th gear, not fifth. I did love riding those things, even though mine tried to kill me several times:whistle:

You are not kidding.  My problem was riding my R1100RT on the weekends on my own time and forgetting when I got back to work that the KZ1000P was not my RT.  Had some close calls.  Yet, I still I miss riding the old KZ1000P.  

• Like 1
13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Is it a requirement to have had your motorcycle endorsement a certain number of years before applying to be a motor cop? Obviously, you’d need the endorsement but just finishing up a basic rider course wouldn’t get you a two wheeled shift, I’d imagine? :dontknow:

It wasn't at my dept.- but......... you were tested against other applicants to assess weather the Boss felt you would be able to pass Motor School. The two week P.O.S.T. approved school was by no means an easy "pass" and many wash out. My agency paid San Diego P.D. to put guys thru their motor school and they wanted success.

We had two guys retire from avoidable crashes just prior to my employment so they (the Dept. brass) were very selective when I got in.

I spent two weeks out of Aug/1989 in beautiful San Diego for school....... good times:cool: 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 4:18 PM, BendBill said:

1--A recent LAPD retiree did 31 years on motors!

2-- My dad in 1958

3--Arcadia pd and their cool shotgun rack

4--Sturgis motor police: the bike, the build and the beard--they all fit 

5--when motor cops dream:3:

6--real police gunslingers instead of motor po-pos with ticket books --Hi, 9Mary7.  DTLA midnight shift.  I'm in 2nd row

4  Sturgis moto popos.png

Minchie!