IGNORED

If you're on time, you're late,....

Rougarou

My comments in red

17 weird things the military might teach you

1. How to mop the rain(if you've never mopped in the rain, you've never mopped)

2. Survive without any sleep for days on end (c'mon, sleep is a luxury)

3. Arrive early to arriving early so you can hurry up and wait (my biggest carryover.  If told said "activity" starts at 1200, I'ma be there well before 1200--if you're on time, you're late)

5. Embrace the suck (being miserable let's you know you're alive)

6. Eat stuff that probably doesn’t qualify as food (and put it in the third leg)

7. How to roll your socks and underwear (still do)

8. Make 30 minutes of actual work look like eight hours of diligence (I'll neither confirm nor deny this)

11. What to do, and not do, at a strip club (uh-hum,....ya,.....where to sit, how to act, and how to avoid the "buy me drinky" if you just want to watch)

12. Sew like a seamstress (sorta still do,......stitched up my Gerbings a few years ago,......thread,....na,....dental floss is the best)

14. Cohabitate with black mold (and many other yuck things that would not pass a health inspection)

15. Cohabitate with a slew of pests, including, but not limited to, mice and cockroaches (and many other things that actually may kill you)

16. Carry your mate home from the bar in a fireman hold (yep)

17. Give yourself a bath with baby wipes (A washcloth and a canteen cup of water.  Then when done, cook a meal in the canteen cup or brew a cup of joe)

• Like 1

I do adhere to your title. My work shift starts at 7:00 AM, that’s 0700 for you military guys. :classic_biggrin: If I’m not there by 6:30, I feel like I’m late. Now, that can be adjusted if the guy you relieve is a constant bell-ringer on his return the next morning. You figure it out pretty quickly.

As a civilian, didn't learn most of the boring, yucky stuff ...

But

As a used car salesman, did learn #11 well :5150:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Rougarou said:

11. What to do, and not do, at a strip club (uh-hum,....ya,.....where to sit, how to act, and how to avoid the "buy me drinky" if you just want to watch)

I never had that problem. :dontknow: “They” always wanted to buy me a drink! :classic_biggrin: Ok, that’s a lie, just flat out lying right there. :spittake:

• Like 1