IGNORED

This kid has a future.

John Ranalletta

"Ma'am, you're an unfit mother, we just found your kid out on the street at 1 in the morning."

"Keep him, he's all yours. Good luck with that."

Edited by Hosstage
Spelling correction

I'ma hafta dig up the happy snap of my daughter, prolly 4ish, wedged at the top of the door jamb and another where she's about 12 feet up the top of a tree/bush......just her head sticking out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

It’s a training film for illegal babies. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin: 

Ok, that one might be pushing the line. :5146:

Be careful, you're putting your toes across the other forum's activities

Don't cross this line: When recruiting turns into poaching | Business ...

• Thanks 1

I realized it but figured without naming names I might just skirt that line. :classic_biggrin: Gotta stop watching Gutfeld. ;)

3 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Be careful, you're putting your toes across the other forum's activities

Lol, aww.. come on, that's got to be nearly everyone's second thoughts about this clip.  

Maybe if Pat had said "undocumented babies" instead of "illegal", he'd have been more politically correct.  However, "politically correct" now a days changes so fast, it can make your head spin trying to keep up.  Just sayin' ....    😉

That said, it's amazing what motivated kids can do.  They can learn a half dozen languages almost before they can walk.   They can be WAY more athletic than their little bodies or minds are prepared to handle.  As far as this clip goes, I as a parent (well, former, my grandson is about this young boy's age) would not be able to stand back and let this baby go that high up, unsupervised.  Maybe his Mom or Dad was just around the corner, ready to backstop him.  I also doubt that the baby learned to do this on his own, without someone coaching him to climb, climb again, climb higher, climb higher still.   I've see dad's try to make their baby's into athletes before their bones are half formed, by age five, or seven, and it's borderline child abuse.   I certainly believe in giving kids all the "leash" they can handle, but parents need to be the "meter" on those activities.  There comes a time to say "no", or "not yet".  With this young baby, it's definitely WAY past "not yet".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Scott9999 said:

Lol, aww.. come on, that's got to be nearly everyone's second thoughts about this clip.  

Maybe if Pat had said "undocumented babies" instead of "illegal", he'd have been more politically correct.  However, "politically correct" now a days changes so fast, it can make your head spin trying to keep up.  Just sayin' ....    😉

Its not about what we think, say or cant say. Its not about political correctness, its about what is allowed on THIS forum. 

The mods have taken a chance to allow us to play in the dirty world on another forum, and that’s where it should stay. 

My hint to Pat was mainly in jest, but also a reminder 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

That kid wasn't taught or encouraged to climb, he just does.

My wife (and her first husband) bought a house because it had a 6' chain link fence to keep the kids in. Her 18 month old son climbed it and escaped down the road the first week. It was a challenge keeping that kid corraled!

• Plus 1 1

This is when we were in MCLB Albany, Ga and she's three according to the properties on the picture.

932860936_RaveninDoor.JPG.739f37d67618d4614fee42993195ccca.JPG

1806244470_RaveninDoor2.JPG.e4bccb6c9891879b3ae3d1e95db30ad6.JPG

The tree pictures,....she kept giggling and I didn't know where she was.  Took a few minutes to "look up".

1647920603_Ravenintree.JPG.9d7abb5523aeb090f6a1bb82a9bdaf34.JPG291340683_Ravenintree2.JPG.38357ce5d0370b0b6b27658c7fd73392.JPG

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

This is when we were in MCLB Albany, Ga and she's three according to the properties on the picture.

932860936_RaveninDoor.JPG.739f37d67618d4614fee42993195ccca.JPG

The tree pictures,....she kept giggling and I didn't know where she was.  Took a few minutes to "look up".

1647920603_Ravenintree.JPG.9d7abb5523aeb090f6a1bb82a9bdaf34.JPG291340683_Ravenintree2.JPG.38357ce5d0370b0b6b27658c7fd73392.JPG

Beautiful pictures!  This boy looks more like he's about 18 mos, maybe a little older, and that was the distinction I was making.  Goodness knows, kids CAN climb, which is a large part of the challenge of "child proofing" a house.  They climb because they're curious, and because they can.  

("SEA STORY" ALERT!!! STOP READING NOW IF YA DON'T WANNA BE BORED TO DEATH BY A WAY TOO LONG POST) 😁

Your daughter's pix reminds me of an incident with my own, when she was a Freshman in high school.  She grew up playing boy's Little League and Pony baseball.  We tried to get her into girl's softball, put her on a travel team one summer, and while she enjoyed the female comradery, it just wasn't baseball.   (I was always criticized by other coaches, privately and in public, for "making" my daughter play baseball, but lol, no one "made" her do anything.  Headstrong.)  Anyway, it's early in the season, my daughter is trying out for a men's high school baseball team, the coaches are having the kids do pre-season athletic things.  Running, push ups, etc.  Well, then they came to the pull up bars, it was a challenge for many of the boys.   You know how baseball players have traditionally been, i.e. NOT quite as athletic as football, wrestling, and such other physical sports. 

So, the boys are doing 1, 2, 5, maybe a dozen overhand pullups.   My daughter goes last.  She's Asian American (or American-Asian as she would say), and was maybe half to 2/3's the weight of most of the young men.  She jumps up on the bars, and starts doing pull-ups.  1, 2, 3, 4, .... 15 ... 25 ... 35... 40, before the coach finally said "that's enough".   My own eyes were popping out.  Her shoulders were muscles upon muscles.   Not only was she strong, she was the fastest runner on that teams  She played CF, and would pick balls off the wall, and even from over the fence.   (She WANTED to play catcher, as she did in youth baseball one season, but her hands took such a beating, I just told her "no more".   She had the heart, but not the body for it.  She'd get a passed ball, and go straight vertical against a kid stealing home, and stop him cold at the plate.)   She had always been athletic, but part of the reason for her upper body strength at that time was due to cheerleading, and the gymnastics program that went along with that.   Needless to say, the H.S. boys and coaches were amazed at her performance (but that didn't translate into playing time, even with a .500+ BA, but that's another story).

Anyhow, that pose of your daughter, and her precocious expression, reminded me EXACTLY of my daughter at a ~~ slightly older ~~ age.  So, now that my daughter is into her early 30's, she's bored, and has taken up BJJ, or Brazilian Ju Jitsu.  At first she tells me, "it's just good exercise and fun, and something I can do together with ..." her Marine vet husband.  Um, ok.   A month later, she tells me she's entering competitions. Of course she is.   A few weeks after that, she tells me "Oh, and the competition is against women ages 14-25, 'cause there are no women my age competing".  Figures.  Then she takes 2nd place in a couple of categories, and is talking about upper level competition and MMA style stuff.  Just.Very.Typical.  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
12 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I used to do this in the front doorway at my grandma's house when I was a little kid (though not quite as little as your daughter in that pic).  I found out a few years ago that rock climbers call this climbing technique "stemming".

Jasmin Caton stemming her way up The Shadow Photo Paul Bride | Climbing  girl, Extreme climbing, Climbing

5 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Pictures like that give me heart palpitations.

Seriously, there’s no rest point, no safety and one tiny contact patch between life and death! :eek:

She's in just as much control of what she's doing as you guys are while riding your bikes.

In 1994, I did this route and this route as part of our Instructor Qualification Course for the Cliff Assault Section of Special Operations Training Group.

Fun stuff, we also did many climbs in around Coopers Rock.  Coopers Rock and the Henry Clay Furnace is where we'd instruct students.

1 minute ago, Rougarou said:

She's in just as much control of what she's doing as you guys are while riding your bikes.

I'm just skilled enough to ride a bike. I've no survival skills climbing that rock. 

I can pull over, get a Coke, take a leak, call a cab to get home. She has none of those options. It brings her joy and excitement, and that's all that counts. Still gives me heart palpitations.

5 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I'm just skilled enough to ride a bike. I've no survival skills climbing that rock. 

I can pull over, get a Coke, take a leak, call a cab to get home. She has none of those options. It brings her joy and excitement, and that's all that counts. Still gives me heart palpitations.

While it appears that she's freeclimbing, she does have her safety net.  That kit on her waist will allow her to "pull over".  She can hook a nut or cam in a crevice, hook to her harness and "take a break".