IGNORED

Thankfully, there are people who run toward danger

John Ranalletta

That is a hell of a story. I think we all hope we would have the guts to do the same when called on.

Tewks, you killed me with your second observation, I really hope that is not the case. Highly doubtful, but...

• Smile 1
6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

That guy just secured a front row seat in the afterlife! :yes: As long as he didn’t set it. :spittake:

Damn pessimistic firemen types have always bugged me.  🙄😁  

Anyhow, I thought for sure this thread was going to be about the 22 year old Indiana kid who put 8 of 10 rounds on target seconds after a wannabe mass shooter opened up in a mall.   But yeah, this young man was heroic also.  Some folks freeze up in these situations.  Some just get to work.   (Well, some have done both, and that would include me. 🙄😖)  The human mind is such an interesting thing.  There are those who may have been, for example, in combat daily (or maybe fighting fires?), and then just one day, they come across something their mind can't handle, and maybe they freeze up and shut down.   

No one knows how they'll respond (first time) in a pinch.    Glad this guy didn't just drive by, ignore the situation, and go about his business.   His reward will be knowing for the rest of his life, that four lives were saved from an awful, painful death, because he jumped in, literally, into the fire.   That's better than any medal or public acclaim (though, I'll bet ya he gets REAL popular on the dating circuit soon.) 🤣

👍🏆

• Like 1