IGNORED

'19 1250 RT service minder light question

wbw6cos

Greetings,

During the power-up sequence, when the service minder light comes on,  the place where the odometer (mileage) normally is, the number 300  shows up while SM light comes on.   I recall seeing that number as 400 last week and I think 500 before that.  :dontknow:

As soon as the service minder light goes out, the 300 disappears and the current mileage comes back on.   

So, my question is:  what are those numbers for?   Countdown?   To what?   The actual 12 k miles since Brad reset it at 24k?

The bike is coming up on 36 k and the last 12 k service was completed at FART(thanks Brad!!) and was slightly under 24 k miles.   I would have to look up the mileage to be sure, but I figured to ask the collective here on the board.

Thanks!!

Yes, that should be a "miles until service is due" number.  I think when the number is down to 100, the service light stays on, IIRC.  Until then it goes out after a few seconds of engine running.

Thanks!   I know it will stop coming back on when I re-set the service minder.  Gots to do the 12k service first, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.