IGNORED

Where Have I Been? Gas Jugs.

MichiganBob

MichiganBob

I went to buy my daughter a plastic gas jug. Holy smokes. Fancy, unnecessary nozzles, and no simple spouts with plastic knobs. And they were all pricey. What happened to the cheap gas jug market?  Are we being protected from ourselves once again? Fortunately, I have my hoarder collection of 1 and 2.5 gallon jugs.

I'm starting to think that there's things going on out there I don't know about.

We’ll have to talk about the high price of them next door but as far as an ok no spill, save the whales, save the snails type cap, this one has been really good.

Right Here.

1 hour ago, MichiganBob said:

I went to buy my daughter a plastic gas jug. Holy smokes. Fancy, unnecessary nozzles, and no simple spouts with plastic knobs. And they were all pricey. What happened to the cheap gas jug market?  Are we being protected from ourselves once again? Fortunately, I have my hoarder collection of 1 and 2.5 gallon jugs.

I'm starting to think that there's things going on out there I don't know about.

Yes, we are being protected from ourselves. Not needed, but you get it anyway. They are a pia.

9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

We’ll have to talk about the high price of them next door but as far as an ok no spill, save the whales, save the snails type cap, this one has been really good.

Right Here.

I have that for my 1 gallon 2 cycle fuel.  Quick shake, press the green button, pressure release, fill itty bitty small tool tank.  Once done, pop the cap of the fuel can, pour unused fuel back into can, run fuel out of itty bitty engine carb.

For my modern five gallon fuelers, meh, I remove the stoopid lids so I can pour faster.  I've also poked a hole in the opposite side of the cap to allow for the sucking of air for a faster fill. 

I do have one of the "antique" 5gal safety cans I got at a dead guy auction for five bucks, it has the metal nozzle like below, I use that one for my John Deere 318 and generator fuel.

Vintage Justrite 2 Gallon Safety Steel Gas Can Metal Spout 1970's | eBay

Estate auctions are great for finding stuff that works and doesn't protect me from myself.

• Like 2

I’m old enough to remember stealing gas (for mini bikes) from the back of my father’s truck out of one of these Jerrycans. We use to call them Jerry-Jugs but apparently, jugs was a bad word. :dontknow: Now in certain circles, Jerry could be considered a bad word. And Jugs is ok. So Confusing! :dopeslap::classic_biggrin:

image.jpeg.5c5ef05e1daea9873c0b973b47e7280d.jpeg

2 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Pat....Please refer to them as He/She Jugs...how crude of you.:4322:

38 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

How can you tell  :dontknow:

Adams Apple. :dontknow: :spittake:

• Haha 2

16579891684513265411939930108883.thumb.jpg.832ef110f33f767c66dd9283b2ca28ea.jpg

This is my setup.   2 large ones for the mower and the small one for 2-cycle gasoline mix.   I use a HF battery powered siphon pump, which makes filling up less splash-y.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

This is my setup

A little help with labeling, you know, just to keep you from confusing those jugs. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

0FCAE8C4-502B-452B-968A-1F52DACBAED9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

A little help with labeling, you know, just to keep you from confusing those jugs. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

Theres a left one and a right one,….jeesh dontcha know your jugs

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Theres a left one and a right one,….jeesh dontcha know your jugs

I really didn’t think I’d need tools for this joke!  But, ok… :classic_biggrin:

image.jpeg.e75f26f82bc8affff2b5a0305931ee10.jpeg