IGNORED

Turn Signal Suggestions for '14 R1200GS Adv

**   Chris   **

**   Chris   **

I guess my bike is telling me it is time to get a new one.  On the way to the recent UN, I noticed my right front turn signal hanging by the wire.

While everyone cooled off in a chicken join, I stole a plastic knife and applied a splint with some zip ties and some electrical tape.

I completely forgot about it.  This morning I went to get on my bike to ride to the racquetball club and I noticed the left front light laying on the bodywork by the wire.

So I have a few choices, apply a similar repair to the other front signal, buy replacement turn signals, find LED replacement turn signals, buy a new Adventure or just give up and buy a Harley/Goldwing.

I'd prefer not to go with the splint route for very long.  I still like my bike so buying a new Adventure seems premature.  I am not ready to give up on riding dirt roads yet, so that leaves out the Harley/Goldwing.  Except maybe the Pan America.

So, what have others done in this situation?  Just bought the oem replacement turn signals? 

I would repair it the easiest way, probably OEM, and me being cheap, I might look for a used replacement.

Were it a Harley, I could find half a dozen for you at a swap meet or Craigslist.

11 hours ago, ** Chris ** said:

I guess my bike is telling me it is time to get a new one.  On the way to the recent UN, I noticed my right front turn signal hanging by the wire.

While everyone cooled off in a chicken join, I stole a plastic knife and applied a splint with some zip ties and some electrical tape.

I completely forgot about it.  This morning I went to get on my bike to ride to the racquetball club and I noticed the left front light laying on the bodywork by the wire.

So I have a few choices, apply a similar repair to the other front signal, buy replacement turn signals, find LED replacement turn signals, buy a new Adventure or just give up and buy a Harley/Goldwing.

I'd prefer not to go with the splint route for very long.  I still like my bike so buying a new Adventure seems premature.  I am not ready to give up on riding dirt roads yet, so that leaves out the Harley/Goldwing.  Except maybe the Pan America.

So, what have others done in this situation?  Just bought the oem replacement turn signals? 

Morning Chris

If you ride that thing off-road, or in backroad conditions, then personally I would just buy & install some aftermarket turn signals & be done with it. If you find something that you like & that works OK then my suggestion is to buy a second pair just to have handy when you knock the replacement off again.  

**   Chris   **
2 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Chris

If you ride that thing off-road, or in backroad conditions, then personally I would just buy & install some aftermarket turn signals & be done with it. If you find something that you like & that works OK then my suggestion is to buy a second pair just to have handy when you knock the replacement off again.  

I was kind of hoping someone had found that pair of aftermarket ones that worked.  I found a set for my ktm 690 that are robust and completely compatible including the plugs.  

Maybe someone on ADVrider has.