IGNORED

Selling my first BMW

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

My first BMW was a '97 RT.  Loved that bike, one of the best ever designs.  We had earlier crashed in WVA sustaining minor rash on the plastic.  All was repaired and the bike was running very well.

I posted here and/or ADVRIDER and got a call from Peter Trommelen from Edmunton, Alberta.  This was in the fall.  When we agreed on price and terms, Peter asked if I could store the bike until spring which I could.  He paid for the bike and also asked if I'd mind receving some packages (moto gear & accessories) and store them with the bike.  No problem.

Peter arrived mid-spring. I fetched him from the airport and he was our guest for that evening.  I had already bought a new bike so we took a longish ride so he could test out the RT and assure himself it was as advertised.

The next day, he headed west to Denver where he was caught in a down pour.  That's when the bike failed with a wet HES.  I really felt badly about that and we communicated.  He said not to worry that no one could have known it was prone to failure.  He had it repaired, continued his tour of the west and headed home.

We've kept touch occasionally and I've followed him and his travels on FB.  He's a gentlemen of the first order.  BTW, when I told the story to friends, some would ask, "How could you invite someone you've never met to overnight in your home."  I don't know, but over time a picture of who someone is and might be comes together and it works or it doesn't.

Peter & Bonnie Trommelen                                   The RT at first UN in Gunnison (don't remember names of guys in conversation)

image.png.35a8dbc32574f4ea6b00a5535ae8ccdb.pngimage.png.aa5d35366cac0b5c2d51860ec27d86db.png

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 12:29 PM, John Ranalletta said:

The RT at first UN in Gunnison (don't remember names of guys in conversation)

image.png.aa5d35366cac0b5c2d51860ec27d86db.png

Guessing BrianT, OldRider.

• Like 1