IGNORED

Its a wee bit warm today

Rougarou

So I took a break of laying mulch. Since we got back from the dry heat of Utah, we’ve been outside in the wet heat of NC. 

DB8CB774-35E1-413D-AB8E-CBFA21036F8F.thumb.jpeg.561776946416b1a3e2c8a8d3634997f3.jpeg

The sweat gives a nice false v-shape impression 

I was laying on my back

off to get another trailer load of mulch to spread. This will be trailer (6x12) number five between my daughter and our place

• Like 1

I try to use a guy to do it for me.

I'm generally pretty averse to yard work...

And it's been humid and hot as balls around here lately.

30 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I'm generally pretty averse to yard work...

I’ve been edging the shrubbery bed by the front steps on and off for a week now. It’s not a very big area. :classic_blush: :spittake:

edit…it’s just too easy not to show you.:classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.226d9602d3d4d7fa978c70a2fbe14067.jpeg

We've got stone and rock on the front side of the house, about a 3ft width, linear about 150ft.  The very front near the road, 45x165 is pine straw.  Her bee butterfly flower garden area, 50x60 is black pine bark mulch.  Another deadish area 40x35 is black pine bark mulch.  Another area, 30x50, then 12x100, we just did leaf mulch.  My daughters yard, we did a 50x100 area with leaf mulch and several fruit trees.  On her yard, it's all about trying to map out the grass cutting to eliminate the obstacles.

We flew back on Tuesday after spending a week in high 90's Utah and listening to many complain of the heat, meh, it actually felt nice out there.  We started yard working on Wednesday morning and haven't really stopped.  Outside all day.  Drippy sweat--good feeling;)

Pat, I don't weedeat,.....at all.  My yard is set to where I can get around everything with the tractor.  I do run the edger attachment down the 200ft driveway, out and back, ten minutes, done.  My daughters yard, what I can't get around with the tractor, it either grows tall or she get's her weed eater to fix the issue.

I do use alot, a really, really lot of Round up and round up type killer for around the pasture fence poles---diesel got too expensive.

Oh, humidity right now is 84%, but it was only in the mid-80's,....not too shabby.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Prone? One might interpret that as sweaty man boobs. :classic_biggrin:

Right Pat!  I was gonna suggest he lie on his BACK next time......jb. (oops, just read that Richard WAS on his back,  HMMMMM)

• Haha 1

I’m sure Richard has heard every wiseass joke in the book. I’m probably pretty amateurish at it, but hey, it’s fun to try! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Good stuff, get outside sweat a little, it'll do ya some good......I promise.  We pretty much settling down for the evening.

My wife, knowing I have a hate for weeds and some acreage, bought me a fancy Dewalt battery powered sprayer and this thing is fargin' awesome.  I just unboxed it and hit some areas.  Quiet and no pumping.  I've got four sprayers 1/2 gallon, 1 gallon, 2 gallon and a 4 gallon back pack sprayer,......and have been through plenty of others, but this battery powered one puts them all to shame  with no pumping.  She knew I wanted one and since I have mainly Dewalt tools, I didn't want to get a different brand, so she found this one.

4 gal. Cordless Backpack Sprayer