IGNORED

Testosterone Replacement Therapy

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Strange subject, maybe, but maybe a critical one for our group.  Male testosterone levels are under attack.  Chemical elements (estrogen) in our water and other chemicals in plastic food containers and vessels are the chief culprits.  Doctors are not likely to even suggest to older male patients that their symptons are a function of low testosterone levels, low energy, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, listlessness, sexual performance, et al.

The usual blood panels done at our physical exams don't measure T levels; and, if they did, it might not be helpful because a patient's T level is compared to the the average male T level which comes from the big labs; so, if the nation's average T level is dropping, a patient's T level may low but be considered normal (not in a prescribing range).  

Just wondering if anyone in these parts has actually asked for T level analysis or is undergoing T replacement therapy.

• Thanks 1
  • John Ranalletta changed the title to Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Hi John, good subject for those of us that have hit certain milestones in life. I think every male seeing their health care provider should initiate the conversation about their testosterone levels. Additionally thyroid levels too. I took the androgel formulation for awhile and found it slightly helpful but discontinued it when my hair thinned a bit.

• Plus 1 1

Since my wanted gains and wanted losses were not happening via standard physical training within the last year, I had my T-levels checked,...well above average for my age (53), so, it's gotta be something else that isn't allowing me to "pump you up".  I'm only doing 300lb squats and deadlifts and 260lb bench press.  I average a slow 9 minute mile on a fiver.  Just gotta be the age thing that isn't allowing me to show the results of my efforts.  I've also self-restricted some of my diet likes.

I'd love to be able to cheat with a bit of Nandrolone, but alas, still ain't legal:(