IGNORED

Itsy Bitsy Spyder Broked.

TEWKS

I know this has limited interest here but some, (ok me) :spittake: might want to know what happened to DyAnne’s RT? The three cylinders becoming two issue? Asking for a friend. :classic_biggrin: @MikeB60

It just got expensive.  The dealer can't get to it until the middle of next month. Really wasn't comfortable with that option anyway they tend to "shoot the parts cannon" and hope something sticks.  So, today I ordered the Can Am BUDS program (think GS911) today from Austria. Full bi-directional control functions, programing and engine monitoring.  Only $700 shipped (that still hurts)! Should have it by the end of the week and I can get to troubleshooting.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mike! Just trying to keep “my friend” calm. ;) Good luck with the diagnosis, hopefully nothing too strange. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting closer.  The program came in and I was able to narrow down the issue.  Cylinder 3 is not contributing. The software has a cylinder drop test and when I kill the spark and injection on cylinder 3 the engine still runs like crap.  When I shut down 1 and 2 the engine dies.  

With the engine shut down the software can turn on the injectors individually.  All three injectors activate and I can hear them pulse.  No codes but I suspect a coil or bad spark plug.  Bought three coils from a wrecked Spyder with 900 miles which arrived today. Got to pull the air box which requires removing the frunk.  Hopefully I can get started this week.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rumor has it that SW Georgia's climate change is causing motorcycle coils to fail prematurely.  :whistle:

Rumor also has it that @MikeB60 is the expert on coil replacement, so my money's on Mike!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 3

Well....She runs great! Really think it might have been a plug all three look sickly but replaced the coil anyways. She had some bad fuel that I corrected with some BG44 and techron but definitely jacked up the plugs in the process. Got to put it back together andd DyAnne is on the road again. 

• Like 4

24000.  Major service due at 26000 which includes plugs xmission filter and fuel filter which I'm gonna finish since everything is apart. Also gonna dump the coolant.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just cracked 8K on mine, I should be good for a while then. Thanks for the visual, interesting stuff Mike. Tell DyAnne she can holster her euthanasia tool, Dr. Mike is in the house! :yes: :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

The comments in the article are pretty funny. :)

one of them

sams384
22 July, 2022
People laugh at these but they're indirectly responsible for a very important piece of motorcycling safety equipment. The first Can Am riders developed the full-face helmets and tinted visors so no one would recognize them.

• Haha 2