IGNORED

Biker's Friend/Lazy Rider's Bag

Scott9999

Here’s the main body. Just add some Cordura along with a My Pillow and Wunderlich would sell thousands of them! :classic_biggrin: Actually, it looks very useful. :thumbsup:

621179_1_1.jpg?quality=80&bg-color=255,2

Anyone have experience using one of these as a back rest on an RT?  Looks like a pretty good solution (for solo riding).

LAZY RIDER CYCLE BAG

Morning Scott 

Maybe If I rode a BMW RT like a Harley with different handlebars & floorboards it might work.  The way I typically ride a BMW RT I just can't see that thing doing much good. But it sure would make it a real pain to get a leg over the seat every time I get on or off the darn motorcycle.  

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Scott 

Maybe If I rode a BMW RT like a Harley with different handlebars & floorboards it might work.  The way I typically ride a BMW RT I just can't see that thing doing much good. But it sure would make it a real pain to get a leg over the seat every time I get on or off the darn motorcycle.  

Hmmm, well, there IS that.   I think with any kind of back rest (Sargent, Bakup, etc.), that's going to be a problem.   I'm already having to struggle to get over the right side panier and protective bar.  All I need now is a big round object to get over, too.  Time for Beemer rider ballet lessons?🙄😏

I'm hovering on the edge of buying it.  I'll need something to support my back on longer rides, and there are probably a dozen ways to get that done.   I favor the bakup backrest, as their bracket easily attaches to the pillion seat's two bolts on the frame, i.e. ez on ez off.   The Sargent backrest looks like a winner from the adjustability standpoint, and of course, it would match my existing seat.  Unfortunately, the $400 +/- won't fit into the current bike budget.  I'll probably hold off on this, and try to get what I really prefer (i.e. I can strap all kinds of bags to the pillion for long rides, i.e. not dependent on the back rest, plus, a proper backrest would work with my wife riding on back).

I'll hold off and keep on shopping for now.

Scott,

image.thumb.png.1e5803bdcf3648abba3ed57b20cdc705.png

One of these filled with the usual coffee maker, water pic, 5 changes of clothes, etc, makes a very good back rest.  Fully adjustable for just the right amount of support and pressure on the lower back for the solo rider in the longitudinal (longwise - more aerodynamic, too) mounting on the pilion and rack.  Nylon straps front and rear hold it firmly in position and it can be easily adjusted.  Sold yet??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LHQ3NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked up one just like this at Good Will for $3.00 and put it in the Medical Expenses budget because it says GYM bag.

Just tryin to help.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Scott,

image.thumb.png.1e5803bdcf3648abba3ed57b20cdc705.png

One of these filled with the usual coffee maker, water pic, 5 changes of clothes, etc, makes a very good back rest.  Fully adjustable for just the right amount of support and pressure on the lower back for the solo rider in the longitudinal (longwise - more aerodynamic, too) mounting on the pilion and rack.  Nylon straps front and rear hold it firmly in position and it can be easily adjusted.  Sold yet??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LHQ3NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked up one just like this at Good Will for $3.00 and put it in the Medical Expenses budget because it says GYM bag.

Just tryin to help.

Thanks.  That's pretty much the direction I'm going (and was going before I saw this).  I have several bags that would work.  I''ll be riding with the 49L case if I'm riding with an extra bag, so I'd just wedge it between the case and my back, like so many have done.  I think the lower lumbar support cushion peaked my interest on the Lazy Rider, since It seems like it would be good support.  If I were heading out tomorrow, I'd rig something up pretty quickly, even if I had to use my 42 year old sea bag (i.e. after the mouse check, 'cause, ya just never know, ya know?).

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking for one of the two I mentioned, proper back rests.