IGNORED

UnRalley 2022 check in

lawnchairboy

lawnchairboy

Home . Pics to follow.

good to see the faces.  Thanks to the organizers.  Well done.

• Like 4

It was great to see old friends and make some new ones. BZ to the bumbling back road riders for putting this together.

• Like 4

Made it home safe and sound.   What a great time I had for it being my first UnRally.

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1

Got home a little before 7PM.  Thanks for a great event.

Thanks to Boxflyer for having the patience to show me how to adjust the valves and cam timing on an R1200WC.

• Like 4

Made it home.  Thanks to all for their time and effort to put the UnRalley together.  As I pulled out of the resort yesterday morning I was blessed with this view.  

Leaving Canaan Valley WV_2_06.30.22.jpg

• Like 11
47 minutes ago, JSCOTT said:

Made it home.  Thanks to all for their time and effort to put the UnRalley together.  As I pulled out of the resort yesterday morning I was blessed with this view.  

Leaving Canaan Valley WV_2_06.30.22.jpg

Excellent Photo!

Made it home to the flatlands - known as Indiana - yesterday in time for my rescheduled Pre-UnRally haircut (!). We're now on our way to Milwaukee, where we hope will it'll be cooler for a Friday Afternoon wedding. 

Thanks one and all for a great time - it's all of you who make these events what they are!

• Like 7

Home safely this afternoon. Thanks to everyone that attended the UnRally. Special thanks to @Indy Daveand my fellow BBR members. Also a special thank you to @Boxflyer for changing my tires and doing a full 12k service. 

• Like 8

Made it home yesterday safe and sound, except for one minor problem.  We were about to hit some rain around Ashville so we stopped to put on our rain gear.  Mine was stored in a side case on my 2019 GS.  The case had been locked so I got my key fob for the push to start out of my pocket and used the key to open the bag.  Put on the rain gear and rode off.  About 30 minutes later the rain was gone and the sun was out so we decidec to pull off an exit and take of the gear.  I guess I had not looked down at my dash untill then but when I did I saw the message on the TFT display "REMOT KEY NOT IN RANGE, DO NOT TURN OFF ENGINE, RESTART NOT POSSIBLE".  A quick check of my pocket and I realized that I must have left the key fob sitting on the back seat after opening the bag instead of putting it back in my pocket.  Had to ride the last three hours home without shutting off the bike and got it in the garage.  Sure glad that did not happen earlier in the week.  That was a $390 mistake, OUCH.  Did have a great time at the UN and met a lot of new people and re aquainted with some old friends.  Thanks evereyone who made it all possible.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Sad 3

Keith & Cyndy here! Made it home today just after noon, rain hit (hard!) just 2 miles from the house! Oh well.. We had a great ride, and a great time. So glad to meet everyone and already looking forward to the next one! 

KIMG0100-X3.jpg

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, APDDave said:

Made it home yesterday safe and sound, except for one minor problem.  We were about to hit some rain around Ashville so we stopped to put on our rain gear.  Mine was stored in a side case on my 2019 GS.  The case had been locked so I got my key fob for the push to start out of my pocket and used the key to open the bag.  Put on the rain gear and rode off.  About 30 minutes later the rain was gone and the sun was out so we decidec to pull off an exit and take of the gear.  I guess I had not looked down at my dash untill then but when I did I saw the message on the TFT display "REMOT KEY NOT IN RANGE, DO NOT TURN OFF ENGINE, RESTART NOT POSSIBLE".  A quick check of my pocket and I realized that I must have left the key fob sitting on the back seat after opening the bag instead of putting it back in my pocket.  Had to ride the last three hours home without shutting off the bike and got it in the garage.  Sure glad that did not happen earlier in the week.  That was a $390 mistake, OUCH.  Did have a great time at the UN and met a lot of new people and re aquainted with some old friends.  Thanks evereyone who made it all possible.

Don't want to 'like' this, so I'll just say... ouch. 

• Like 2

Back home much earlier then anticipated, would have liked to stay the whole time. Thanks to all for the messages of concern, truly touching.

• Like 6
Motorhead1977

We arrived home Thursday afternoon after an uneventful 8 hour trip via the interstate. This was our first Unrally and we really enjoyed the event gathering, meeting everyone and the riding. Looking forward to our next Unrally though Colorado may be a good bit too far from Eastern NY for us. Thanks to everyone involved for putting together a well organized and wonderful event.  Also thanks for having the Trail Braking Camp available. It was an excellent opportunity. :thumbsup:

• Like 4
Dennis Andress

Waking up on Lake Michigan this morning,  and realizing that St. George, Utah is a long ways away...

lake%20michigan%20dawn-X4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
lawnchairboy
10 hours ago, Motorhead1977 said:

We arrived home Thursday afternoon after an uneventful 8 hour trip via the interstate. This was our first Unrally and we really enjoyed the event gathering, meeting everyone and the riding. Looking forward to our next Unrally though Colorado may be a good bit too far from Eastern NY for us. Thanks to everyone involved for putting together a well organized and wonderful event.  Also thanks for having the Trail Braking Camp available. It was an excellent opportunity. :thumbsup:

Nice to meet you both.

chris

• Like 2
Bill Murray

Thursday I rode to Asheville, with over 200 miles of some more incredible WV backroads, with another 200 or so miles on I-81 and I-26. Got the 12k service done on Friday at Eurosport Asheville and rode home to Greensboro, GA with the expected intense holiday weekend traffic on primary roads.

Thank you to all the organizers and the other folks behind the curtain for their hard work putting together another great event. I hope to see everyone at the Fall ART in Natural Bridge.

• Like 4

Home safely around noon my time after a “detour” thru KY for some bourbon tasting!  Absolutely lovely event!  So happy to have seen so many dear friends after such a long time.  
My heart is full ❤️❤️❤️❤️

2236C9D1-1DE6-4460-8C6F-5D2B826E72FE.jpeg

06D02963-81BB-43DF-B89F-8A44E77E35CB.jpeg

E6A2520D-CB19-47AD-A088-37DEB28C64C9.jpeg

EBA237EB-A352-4CBF-811E-B0BF2B704E5A.jpeg

B60EC2EF-8CCB-4734-94CE-B2B2CF88311B.jpeg

D2AB315A-C3FD-482F-933C-7529EC5B4061.jpeg

AAB10FC6-1F1A-4336-BD59-E6E1A1AA5756.jpeg

• Like 9
John Ranalletta

Home in about 7 hrs. 

Dear diary,

Killed one deer.  
Saw a chubby bear.  

Rode terrific routes (thanks @Bernie).  
Witnessed @lawnchairboy caressing his nipples while wearing a Snuggie. 

image.jpeg.238e2effede967e5eb4292ce1788d0db.jpeg

What more could one want?

Thanks to all who helped pull this off. 

Good to connect with new and old friends. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 2
21 hours ago, KDeline said:

Back home much earlier then anticipated, would have liked to stay the whole time. Thanks to all for the messages of concern, truly touching.

Sorry to have missed you Ken.  Saw you walking toward the lobby and thought I’d get a chance to say hello later.  Much love to you and Kate.

• Like 2

Still working on getting home via a not so direct route over and around the Great Lakes. Go north to go west. Anything to avoid repeating Kansas. 

But if it counts we did stop at the home of Aerostitch before stopping for the night in MinnySotaahh. 

B82F9F7A-7255-4043-987F-2C4DAC38B32D.thumb.jpeg.d0fc84f4f062b69bc53bb60977e7db0e.jpeg

• Like 11

So many feelings...too few words to describe them.  Hope I don't ramble in my attempt......jb

I am a lucky guy to be able to experience the results of BBR's planning for UNrally XX;

Canaan Valley Resort did a great job during trying times to accommodate our large group;

Vanna White (aka DyAnne Barksdale) did a great job drawing my number out of the hat....twice;

@Rockosmith & I missed all the deer during our rides;

Made it back to The Treehouse in one piece;

Multiple high doses of Naproxen are helping these old creaking joints;

Now to clean the bike and let her rest too.

One interesting mechanical note:  On the way home Friday, while passing a truck pulling a trailer, about 3/4 thru the pass the bike suddenly went into "limp" mode!  First time it's done that, and not in a good place for it to happen!

Fortunately, there was a place to pull over onto a side road, and restarting the bike made things normal again.  Sure hope that doesn't happen again...could have been a crisis, rather than just an aggravation.  I'll bet the guy I just passed wondered why I passed him and slowed way down....

• Like 8
John Ranalletta
6 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

So many feelings...too few words to describe them.  Hope I don't ramble in my attempt......jb

I am a lucky guy to be able to experience the results of BBR's planning for UNrally XX;

Canaan Valley Resort did a great job during trying times to accommodate our large group;

Vanna White (aka DyAnne Barksdale) did a great job drawing my number out of the hat....twice;

@Rockosmith & I missed all the deer during our rides;

Made it back to The Treehouse in one piece;

Multiple high doses of Naproxen are helping these old creaking joints;

Now to clean the bike and let her rest too.

One interesting mechanical note:  On the way home Friday, while passing a truck pulling a trailer, about 3/4 thru the pass the bike suddenly went into "limp" mode!  First time it's done that, and not in a good place for it to happen!

Fortunately, there was a place to pull over onto a side road, and restarting the bike made things normal again.  Sure hope that doesn't happen again...could have been a crisis, rather than just an aggravation.  I'll bet the guy I just passed wondered why I passed him and slowed way down....

John, Ruth and I always look forward to seeing and visiting with you.  

• Like 2
John Ranalletta

"DyAnne Barksdale) did a great job drawing my number out of the hat"

I took care of our table when I did the drawing stuff.  The hard part was getting the right folks at the table.  Mike was mad DyAnne pulled almost everyone's # at the table but his.:18:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 3

Laura had echoed similar sentiment; a lot of folks we knew had won something.  Me?   Nah.    :money:

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1

I never gamble. A long time ago I learned that I might as well just hand my money over. Never win a thing. Well, my luck changed at the UN. Linda and I won 3 prizes!
Thinking about heading to Vegas now :3:Kidding aside, many thanks to all that contributed in their own way and a better time could not have been had !

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Home yesterday after a fantastic Ohio and Kentucky detour with @TN_R11_Girl, @greiffster, Mike's friend Gary (on the gray Wing "the Barcalounger"), @RT_Jim (who joined up with us in OH), and Mike's and Gary's better halves (who joined us via car). 

Pics to come.

What a fantastic event! Bravo to @Indy Dave, @Bernie, @marcopolo, @Endobob, @terryofperry, @BMW_Ken, @DaveCinNO, and anyone else I have missed.

@marcopolo and @Endobob ... you guys were missed. Get well soon ... hope to see you the next event.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 7/1/2022 at 4:58 PM, APDDave said:

Get yourself one of these chipless things. I can’t remember the last time I took out my fob while traveling. (Edit:  with the gsa)
A945F294-85DA-4DCE-BAD1-CFFEC3E1EE67.thumb.jpeg.7f8c831ed559b14877912cd220510d2e.jpeg

• Like 2
BeniciaRT_GT

Jacqueline and I got back to Va. Thurs. afternoon. What a great event and location!1512558085_Flt93.thumb.jpg.8499a05849bc8f1ed451d4a19dae3e58.jpg239193760_ColoredSchool.thumb.jpg.a0c669c36fb855d0931ab08eaf5c36c5.jpg1699868996_Advroads2.thumb.jpg.ec4b19200d31d2b9d6b225062cec5608.jpg481852381_Advroads1.thumb.jpg.4c58f37a23a647b8279b5e42db7a42a5.jpg1633957934_Advroads4.thumb.jpg.775db0bf4a5795849e746f3430eb305b.jpg1666589494_Advroads3.thumb.jpg.425793c41013369468f19e22e367e2ab.jpg310282289_AccidentMd.thumb.jpg.fb42234b0ac0eae545f6fff1210017d7.jpg1477996359_Snuggieworship.thumb.jpg.a5455e411c790652a804f91f33c32d4f.jpg

I took the long way home on the ADV route provided by  our awesome organizers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good thing you found them, Rob.  I bet he was going nucking futs looking for them.  

• Haha 1
lawnchairboy

@brianT Brian T at Reddish Knob, over the sugar grove NSA station in WV

B4E36103-5BAB-4954-A953-D4C768634C75.jpeg

6D4DC428-6704-41DB-B978-403246D878A1.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Rob Nowell
20 hours ago, longjohn said:

Get yourself one of these chipless things. I can’t remember the last time I took out my fob while traveling. 
A945F294-85DA-4DCE-BAD1-CFFEC3E1EE67.thumb.jpeg.7f8c831ed559b14877912cd220510d2e.jpeg

Where do I get one, John?

3 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

Where do I get one, John?

Some say you can get a chinesium blank off of eBay, and have a locksmith cut it for you. I visited several locksmiths in west la and none could do it for me as there wasn’t enough demand to justify the expensive machines. Ymmv. Ooooor, you can go to your dealer and present some paperwork and about $50 and in 2-3 days you’ll have one. The drop off and pickup had to be done in person. They are nickel silver as opposed to brass. It prolly makes more sense for a gs/gsa owner as the gps cradle, seats, and top and side cases are keyed the same. 

• Like 2
**   Chris   **

I know I am a little late checking in.  I got home Saturday afternoon.  

I had a great time at the UN, it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  This was my first time to camp at a UN or any kind of MC rally.  While it limited drinking with the masses, the campfires and people we met in the campground made it worth it.

• Like 9

Finally IN @ home today from the UN.  18 days on the road, 6,978 miles covered and one helmet sacrificed to the hail gods of the badlands of South Dakota.  From the west coast, to near the east coast at the UN (via every good road we had time for in Utah, Colorado and Eureka Springs AR), to what I'm calling the north coast (crossed the great lakes via Mackinac bridge and was 50 miles shy of Canada), to visiting the Aerostitch factory in Duluth, to seeing Mount Rushmore on the 4th of July (doesn't get much more patriotic than that) and riding the Black Hills of SD and finally returning back to the west coast via more Colorado mountain goodness.

Thanks everyone for a fantastic UN and I'm glad I could finally attend an eastern UN.  Glad to have met some people I normally don't get to being on the western half of the US, to reunite with some old friends I haven't seen in many years and to share the roads with such great riding partners.  Definitely smiles for miles.

To steal a line from one of our board members.  This ride was "Worthy."

P.S. Retirment is good!

• Like 14
  • Smile 2
**   Chris   **
15 hours ago, BrianT said:

Finally IN @ home today from the UN.  18 days on the road, 6,978 miles covered and one helmet sacrificed to the hail gods of the badlands of South Dakota.  From the west coast, to near the east coast at the UN (via every good road we had time for in Utah, Colorado and Eureka Springs AR), to what I'm calling the north coast (crossed the great lakes via Mackinac bridge and was 50 miles shy of Canada), to visiting the Aerostitch factory in Duluth, to seeing Mount Rushmore on the 4th of July (doesn't get much more patriotic than that) and riding the Black Hills of SD and finally returning back to the west coast via more Colorado mountain goodness.

Thanks everyone for a fantastic UN and I'm glad I could finally attend an eastern UN.  Glad to have met some people I normally don't get to being on the western half of the US, to reunite with some old friends I haven't seen in many years and to share the roads with such great riding partners.  Definitely smiles for miles.

To steal a line from one of our board members.  This ride was "Worthy."

P.S. Retirment is good!

It was great riding with you and all the other wandering gypsies from out west.  
Especially Hannabone's favorite stretch.  The 50 mile bike wash!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks one and all for checking in and sharing your experiences - The Good and The Not So Good - but nothing ugly. Thanks also for sharing photos, remember to post  photos in the Un Gallery (so they are saved in a high resolution). Great to see so many old and new faces - and a special shout out to the Big Mileage West Coasters for making the trip! The UN seemed like it was all over just as it was getting going! Thanks everyone for your patience while we drew for the additional gas cards - and a big thanks to @John Ranalletta & Ruth Ranalletta for making the name tags and creating the tags for the drawing (and to Ruth for the ONE, single cookie :rofl:). John mush be the New Amazing Kreskin for the way he managed to get Vanna DyAnne to pull his tables numbers (Except Mike's). A big shout out to Boxflyer for his tireless service, efforts and expertise on all things BMW and otherwise.

Thanks again  - we hope you enjoyed the event as much as we did! We're looking forward to seeing you all in Colorado next year!

The Bumbling BackRoad Riders

• Like 6