IGNORED

New sheriff at Torrey

Whip

Our own Billy "The Lawman" Hearnsberger and his brother Eric "AV8R" visited Torrey for the first time(the Whips first time also)...we met at the Chuckwagon on Friday and went up 12 to the Burr Trail on advice from Nora (thanks Nora)..then on to Escalante.....

We started out by wishing the Sock Monkey a good day on the Harley...he looked nervous...

71908352-L.jpg

The Lawman (with his hands raised) did not look nervous at all...Brother Eric on the other hand (on the peidmont) wasn't so sure...

71908823-L.jpg

At the first turnout the Lawman needed a "break"

71908978-L.jpg

On the way back from the break he challeged me to an old Tejas tradition... cow pie throwing for distance..I think he's a ringer....

71909563-L.jpg

71909725-L.jpg

The Burr Trail was more than we expected.....

71911758-L.jpg

71913647-L.jpg

71914269-L.jpg

We even had time for a little rock climbing....

71918452-L.jpg

71918594-L.jpg

We coulda gone a lot higher....LOL...but I think I saw a snake....

71919857-L.jpg

I think the AV8R and the Lawman are Hooked

71922192-L.jpg

Tonight I'll tell the rest of the storey....FlyingGreg, ChrisOlson and Whip's excellent adventure.....

Whip

BTW...Thanks Mrs Whip for taking all those pix.....

More available at my homepage

Dennis Andress

an old Tejas tradition... cow pie throwing for distance..

I've happily forgotten many such childhood memories...

At the first turnout the Lawman needed a "break"

I call those "photo opps" and I usually take one at every turnout grin.gifgrin.gif. Great pictures; thanx Mrs. Whip. You and Dennis have a way of capturing the spectacular colors of those rocks. Can't wait until September......

Larry,

So as to not cause anyone here to feel inadequate I really must confess that my cowchip throwing ability comes after years and years of training not to mention the fact that I was the 1978 Shelby County Champion Cowchip Thrower with a record setting throw of 128 feet 7 and 3/4 inches..So don't feel too badly..You can still ride better than I... grin.gifgrin.gif

For those who haven't been to Torrey all I can say is you just better do it... thumbsup.gif

I think the AV8R and the Lawman are Hooked

That's what I always loved about Utah - if it isn't the roads, it's the scenery.

I relish every minute I spend there. clap.gif

Archived