Check your model to be sure.

https://www.ascycles.com/bmw/1998/R1100RT96/Seats and seat bench.html#Subcatdiv

image.png.c931f963c2b4b41c1f4230182874fb3d.png

Description
BUMP STOP - H=10
Qty
Price ea.
$4.80

Aftermarket seat (Top Sellerie). The ones you linked are for a stock seat and are rather flat. Almost looks like the post is part of the seat and the rubber part was glued on.

BumperClose.jpg

That is a French made after market seat. You could go to Ebay and punch in BMW Sellerie. There are plenty of them listed. Contact a seller and see if they could help. I think I would give Sargent a call, great folks, and see what they say. Good luck

I imagine this is the same as used on the R1100RT. There's a guy parting out an R1100RT and selling just what you need, if your seat will fit. Miguel

11 hours ago, Brucifer1150 said:

What are these things called? Can I replace them? My Google-Fu isn't cutting it this time.

Morning Brucifer1150

I'm not exactly sure what you have there but those seat bump stops look a lot like the BMW 1200RT  p/n-  16112323615 seat bump stop. 

You might stop by a BMW dealer, & if they have stock on a 16112323615 seat bump stop, see if it is a close enough fit to work for you.

16112323615 bump stop.jpg

Brucifer1150

Mid-resolution bump(ers!):

Emailed Top Sellerie and they said "Zend us ze 14 Euros, and we will zend you zomething".

At least it's PayPal, so I have that going for me. No idea as to time frame.

• 3 weeks later...
Brucifer1150

No more butt-wiggles!

DR and PAS were correct: the nubby things that the front seat locks into by the gas tank appear to be the same thing that mount onto the rear seat support pegs. Peeled the old ones off, dab of Shoe-Goo, and Bob's Your Uncle.

Pics: Front nubby things and what I received from PORTUGAL. $15 dollars American (14 Euro).

Side project: Low beam was kicking on and off, so I took the whole front cowling apart and apparently I didn't have the little clippy thing that holds the high-beam cartridge seated in place. Seems to be working now. All wiring looked good.

Front Support.jpg

Package.jpg