IGNORED

Help with Top Box Please

Rotor

Hope I'm posting in the correct place...?

I have the old style large top box.  It has issues.  First, I’d like to get the top cover painted (the original paint is actually peeling off) and was trying to separate the top-shell from the inner.  I’ve removed the top cover from the lower portion of the box and removed all screws I can see from it but it doesn’t want to come apart.  The backrest pad is removed.  Yes, I did some searches prior to posting without any luck.  Assistance would be appreciated.

Also, while apart I wanted to remove the lower inner shell from its base to do some lubrication maintenance.  Again, I removed the infinite number of screws but it doesn’t seem to want to come apart, including the two screws under the handle.  Again, any info would be appreciated. 

I recall doing this maintenance (not painting) on my previous 05 saddle bags and it wasn’t that big of a deal.  However, this particular top box wants to be difficult.

Well, I said that cleared up the bottom portion but does the lock need to be removed for these pieces to be separated?  Still need to know it the two top pieces can be separated.  The paint on this lid is a wreck!  Bike wasn't abused prior to me, it just wasn't cared for and I need to correct that.

Thanks all!

G'day John, if the top is built the same as the side cases the top and inner are glued together and can't be separated.

Dave from Australia 

14 hours ago, Dave Glen said:

G'day John, if the top is built the same as the side cases the top and inner are glued together and can't be separated.

Dave from Australia 

G'day Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  Funny, it's loose all the way around the edges but won't come apart.  I'll take your input and just send it to the painter as-is.

Regards,

John