IGNORED

Extended shift lever?

Aldrich

My new boots are taller(thicker) than my previous ones and I'm have trouble shifting up. I think I need an extender shift lever but I can't find one? Is there such a thing?? 2011

R1200RT

9 hours ago, Aldrich said:

My new boots are taller(thicker) than my previous ones and I'm have trouble shifting up. I think I need an extender shift lever but I can't find one? Is there such a thing?? 2011

R1200RT

Morning   Aldrich

There might be an extended lever somewhere but I haven't seen one. 

On those thicker boots a lot of riders just used the side of the boot (that gap or seam between top of the bottom boot sole) on the end of the outboard end of the shift lever. It might take a little boot break-in  in that area but you might give that try.

Boot.jpg

• Smile 1

I have yet to find a boot with a thinner toe area that work for me with my Hexhead , I did extend the brake pedal ( sticks out sideways more ) like the above one. 

As far as the shifter goes with all the new boots I tried when I finally get the lever high enough to get under the lever I can't down shift without picking up my foot. 

So I am still using my OLD Fieldsheer boots , just old school leather boots, and I found a second pair on ebay. If these wear out I will likely have to go to something like a riding tennis shoe that I have seen.