IGNORED

FLY Racing Off Grid Jacket Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

FLY Racing Off Grid Jacket intro

If you’re shopping for new adventure gear, you need to check out FLY Racing’s new and improved options. As an example, the recently released Off Grid jacket is packed with features that are geared towards both rider comfort and protection.

Using Hydraguard Pro technology, the jacket is both windproof and waterproof, while still maintaining breathability. The removable quilted thermal liner and exceptional ventilation make this a true four-season jacket. I have ridden with it in temperatures in the low 40°Fs with just a T-shirt under it and was plenty warm. When temperatures warm up, you can easily remove the liner.

Not only is it warm, but the ventilation is impressive. There are two zip-down panels on the chest, zippers on the end of the sleeves, generous vents on the underarms, and another huge zip-down panel on the back. With everything open, the air really moves. The jacket also includes CE Level 1 removable armor for the elbows, shoulder, and back as well as high-abrasion fabric on critical areas.

Fly Off Grid Jacket Vents

I wore the Off Grid jacket to March Moto Madness this year, which never fails to throw four seasons at you over the course of the week. Over the event, I was impressed with this gear’s versatility. Through bouts of rain, I stayed dry and was easily able to adjust to different riding temperatures during the day without having to pack extra gear. The YKK zipper pulls are large enough to adjust with gloves while riding to help regulate temperatures. The soft collar comes with a magnetic closure that takes a few seconds to figure out but once you do, it snaps on and off easily, even when wearing heavy gloves. There is also a magnetic flap that covers the zipper in front which quickly locks into place when you don the jacket. The rain hood integrated with the collar does a great job keeping out water on rainy days and keeps your neck warm on cold days.

Fly Off Grid Jacket Collar

If an all-around jacket is what you are in the market for, the Off Grid jacket should be on your list.

Check out their website at FlyRacing.com to see all of riding gear they have available. The Off Grid jacket is available in grey or black and comes in a variety of sizes, including tall sizes. I found the jacket fit true to the “American” size.

FlyRacing.com

MSRP: $449.95

Where to Buy:

Official Site btn     Revzilla btn    Moto Sport btn

PROS:

• Impressive quality and features at the price point
  • Truly a four-season jacket
  • Excellent seven-point ventilation system

CONS:

• There is no Off Grid pant to go with the jacket
Fly Off Grid Jacket 1

View the full article