IGNORED

This, that and something else.

For those of you who know me, I don't have much loyalty to any individual motorcycle I've owned though I am partial to Beemers. I sold my R 1100 R  a few weeks ago and started looking around for something different to try. This was ridden to my house by my son Erik who flew to Denver to pick it up.

image.thumb.png.42dfbc5dc6e4d7136cb16f1e9787afde.png

2013 with 23,000 miles. Too much rocket for my crotch. Luckly for me I sold it to a guy in Memphis and came out $500 ahead after expenses to get it here.

After three weeks of ownership and selling it I started looking for my next ride.

To be continued.............................

• Like 1

A week earlier we sold Emma Mae as we have been trying to get back to the North Channel with our boating friend and 2 years of covid and my upcoming knee replacement made it 3 years in a row and Nancy and I decided to move on. Boat market is HOT, Hot, hot right now. Guy from Denver bought it sight unseen and drove from Denver to pick it up. Had many, many people trying to buy it. It's kind of a rare boat as not that many have been made in comparison to mainstream boat manufacturers. After repowering it with a new Merc 90, we came out $5000 to the good. So once again I'm known on a sailing forum as "Boatless Bud".

1553707589_emmamae.thumb.jpg.9d1a4203c4f559359cd435d0dd145c2e.jpg

Here is a pic of Emma Mae at in a slip at Sister Bay Marina in Wisconsin a year ago.

• Like 1

Back to motorcycles. As some of you know, I've ridden from coast to coast. Meat Cove on the east end of Nova Scotia to the Pacific ocean in Oregon and many places in between. Lots of trips to SW Colorado. Some UN's and other events hosted by members here. I have absolutely no regrets about not wanting to being able to crank off long road trips. I've been blessed beyond measure with a great wife, 3 kids who are good people, 3 children-in-laws who have been the perfect spouses and 6 grandkids. 3 who have graduated from college, one finishing sophomore year at Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA and a high school senior and an eighth grader still working their way towards adulthood.

Met a lot of fine folks via BMWST. Even had a few of them spend time with us to our delight.

Now, entering the last quarter of my life, I've decided to switch things up a little re: motorcycles.

Connie had 160 HP. New ride has either 21 or 24 depending on who you ask. And it has a chain as well.

Meet Himmy, the new to me 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan.

himmy.thumb.jpg.4ed6282df3c7fb9711491788bba5936e.jpg

I sold the Concours a week ago today and bought Himmy the same day. On Monday I flew to Minneapolis to ride it home. Joke was on me. Headwinds of 25 gusting to 35. Small single cyl motor, heavy load, lots of wind resistance. Though I was living back in the 70's and riding my Honda 160 Scrambler. 

All's well that ends well though my son told me I was suffering from "2MB" syndrome. What's that you ask?  2 Many Birthdays. :3:

What else have I been doing?..........................

• Like 3

Some of you know I've owned a few CNC machines. My twin granddaughters both graduated from college this year. Nancy wanted to give them some money and asked me to make some kind of presentation box.

Here's the results.

box1.thumb.jpg.955c6425756ea90ada5df4855d8a9297.jpgbox3.thumb.jpg.92c1309e758cf246cc4217b9b49cd29d.jpgbox3.thumb.jpg.add2c208804f9ca786fd25b1a7ce150f.jpg 

In addition, Nancy wanted some of the basement finished so I have most of the suspended ceiling installed (need to put in lights), built a wall to partition off a room. Needs texturing and painting, need to install the double door and lay carpet tiles. Then today is seems our 8 x 10 deck needed to be 10 x 12 so that is on the list along with some kind of pergola or something like it.

Have enjoyed seeing all of the pictures posted here. Know many of the people but there are a lot of new faces as well. Good to see the family continue to grow.

Ride Well

With warmest regards,

Bud

• Like 4
John Ranalletta
13 minutes ago, Bud said:

Some of you know I've owned a few CNC machines. My twin granddaughters both graduated from college this year. Nancy wanted to give them some money and asked me to make some kind of presentation box.

Here's the results.

box1.thumb.jpg.955c6425756ea90ada5df4855d8a9297.jpgbox3.thumb.jpg.92c1309e758cf246cc4217b9b49cd29d.jpgbox3.thumb.jpg.add2c208804f9ca786fd25b1a7ce150f.jpg 

In addition, Nancy wanted some of the basement finished so I have most of the suspended ceiling installed (need to put in lights), built a wall to partition off a room. Needs texturing and painting, need to install the double door and lay carpet tiles. Then today is seems our 8 x 10 deck needed to be 10 x 12 so that is on the list along with some kind of pergola or something like it.

Have enjoyed seeing all of the pictures posted here. Know many of the people but there are a lot of new faces as well. Good to see the family continue to grow.

Ride Well

With warmest regards,

Bud

Nice work, Bud.  BTW, the building inspector will be there tomorrow to see your permit.

• Haha 1

John, I asked you to take care of that, don't you remember?  Maybe you forgot because of 2MB!:18:

• Like 1