IGNORED

Handlebar Mirrors on an ex-police bike

Deejie

Hi all,
New to my '13 RT ex-police & like other riders I'd like to improve rear obs... but! 
My controls look a little different to any pics I've seen, possibly originally incorporating police radio controls at some point.

The Nippy Norman / wunderlich solution ain't perfect. Currently this Bar end mirrors solution looks the best.

Your advice very much needed, before I start slinging cash about. Any links to available parts gratefully received.

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

download (1).avif download.avif

IIRC the 2011 Camhead roadster has the mirrors you seek.... R1200R.

The current R9T may also give you options....... it is also a Camhead.

• Like 1

Drill out one of the allen screw holes on each side of the bars and fit any after market mirrors. 8mm stems would be best as you have more of a choice. You can get BMW copies for around £21 per pair.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Deejie said:

I've decided to mount bar end mirrors. Just having trouble sourcing appropriate replacement weights in UK. Would these work? >$100 dollars from the US

https://rhinomoto.com/product/bmw-mirror-mounts/?attribute_pa_button-style=flat

0055-1.jpg

Morning  Deejie

They might work, the only way to be somewhat sure is to call or E-Mail Rinomoto & get the exact dimensions of the bar ends then compare that to what your mirrors need & what is needed to fit (and clear) your motorcycle handlebars. 

You need to get the depth & OD of the recesses on the inside, you probably need to get the OD of the bar end to see if they will work with your chosen mirrors.   

They do l-o-o-k like they could work but online pictures can be deceiving so you need comparison measurements to be sure. (or at least a good return policy)

• Like 1