IGNORED

Can Sena 30K firmware be flashed to Kenwood KCA-HX5M???

SHIMHEAD

Hello all, 

I just recently got a great deal on some Kenwood KCA-HX5M and KCA-HX7C Intercoms from Volunteer Audio via a Slick Deals post for $69 and $99 respectively (Crutchfield is also listing these devices for the same prices, but out of stock "temporarily"). These are rebranded Sena units (30K and 10C Evo). There is the familiar Device Manager software from Kenwood, and the Sena Device Manager Software does not recognize the device. Additionally, the Firmware version numbers appear to be specific to Kenwood/Sena. What I am wondering is if it might be possible to use the Firmware Restore function in the Kenwood Device Manager to flash the Sena 30K firmware to the Kenwood device if I had the 30K firmware file. Would not be surprised to find that Sena has thought of that and blocked it. Anyone out there tried this? Also, anyone have a backup copy of the 3.2.1 30K firmware file you would like to share? I realize I do run the risk of bricking my new devices, but if it works, I could use the HD speakers kit (there is no option in the Kenwood device settings for them on the current up-to-date Kenwood firmware).