IGNORED

R12000RT TFT replacement thread

The Rocketman

The Rocketman

Would someone please find and post a link to the thread a while back where someone bought a used LCD R1200RT display and installed it because there's was toast? Need it for a friend and I can't find it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a failing restate. It works with the dimmer button on the dash. Not sure if you can replace the part or not.

23 hours ago, Doctor T said:

Sounds like a failing restate. It works with the dimmer button on the dash. Not sure if you can replace the part or not.

Morning  Doctor T

The backlighting is more for dark or dim conditions, the backlight does very little in the bright daylight. 

When they start going dark it is usually the LCD fading out. 

Cheers for the info D.R. Understand what the OP is talking about now. If the LED is fading out, there are comanies here in the UK that can fix them. Cheaper the a replacement.

Am sure there must be companies on yourside of the water that can do the same. 

19 minutes ago, Doctor T said:

Cheers for the info D.R. Understand what the OP is talking about now. If the LED is fading out, there are comanies here in the UK that can fix them. Cheaper the a replacement.

Am sure there must be companies on yourside of the water that can do the same. 

Morning Doctor T

It's an LCD not an LED.

I don't know of any one, or any way, to get replacement LCD parts for the BMW 1200 dash assemblies. But even if the parts could somehow be sourced the parts plus labor would be WAY above a good used replacement dash (at least in the USA here). 

Ive been told it is about half the price of a new unit. With all the American custom shops we see here on TV, they must know companies that fix these problems.

Ive always worked on repair than replace but i am tight with my money

16 minutes ago, Doctor T said:

Ive been told it is about half the price of a new unit. With all the American custom shops we see here on TV, they must know companies that fix these problems.

Ive always worked on repair than replace but i am tight with my money

Morning Doctor T

I'm not talking about a NEW dash, I am talking about a $200.00 (give or take)  used but good dash from E-Bay.

Even so I have my doubts that any electronics repair shops could source the specific LCD units that are unique to the BMW dash. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 8:50 AM, Doctor T said:

. . . . . . .  . It works with the dimmer button on the dash.  . . . .  .

Hummm, ... I need to look into that.

8 hours ago, Redman said:

Hummm, ... I need to look into that.

Morning Redman

Look in your riders manual on or around page 53.

1200rt dash dimmer.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 6:49 AM, dirtrider said:

Morning Redman

Look in your riders manual on or around page 53.

1200rt dash dimmer.jpg

Ah....... THanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 12:37 PM, The Rocketman said:

Would someone please find and post a link to the thread a while back where someone bought a used LCD R1200RT display and installed it because there's was toast? Need it for a friend and I can't find it.

Thanks.

I have a gauge from a 09 R1200RTp , it's the same except isdisplays mph digitally. $120 shipped.

Mark

20220722_173803.jpg