IGNORED

TFT and Nav directions

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

I got the TFT update and have 1200 mis so far without a single connection loss (dedicated iPhone X). My problem, I and 3 others I am riding with are using packtalk bold comms. We use the mesh comm system, which are essentially always on. I cannot hear any of the nav directions. I think the open comms are muting the instructions? Anyone using the PT Bold have this issue or how do you have comms and hear the nav instructions?

In the packtalk settings, you should be able to designate what source takes priority.  When set to navigation, it should step on the communications.

As Above, when pairing the Packtalk bold to the bike, pair it as if it were a Satnav. The procedure is both online and in the manual and involves rolling the wheel on the Packtalk to instruct it to pair up as a satnav.  Mine works fine and lowers the intercom volume to give the satnav instructions priority. Incidentally, if you have the TFT screen do not pair your phone to the Packtalk, pair it to the bike only and you will get full control of it (except music volume) in the bike phone/music menus and be able to make and receive calls using your contacts list.

CruisinCruzan

Thanks Guy, pairing the PTB as a sat nav works. I can increase the volume with the roller wheel of the PT but it also raises the intercom volume to uncomfortable levels. I raise the GPS instructions volume only when it is speaking to me. I went on the Cardo connect app and I did not see  an option for GPS volume. Any ideas?

CruisinCruzan

Spoke to the Cardo rep at Americade. He told me to to set the background music level to max on the Cardo connect app. He said Cardo is treating the gps instructions as background music and to increase the setting to max. Lo and behold it works. The downside is that neither the intercom nor the gps instructions decrease if both are active. I will next try repairing the Cardo using the phone pairing and increase the background to max and see if things work and intercom can decrease when I am getting gps instructions. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a Sena SMH10R and can get very faint GPS Nav instruction but if the bike is moving at all, the background noise is so great you cannot hear the instruction. However, if I happen to be on a phone call, I can hear the GPS Nav instructions 5x5.