IGNORED

Nav V

dba

I updated my Nav V and now it doesn't seem to work.  It won't find an address at all, and when I have it on the map, the cursor is not on the road.  It tells me the direction I'm traveling, but it won't list the upcoming cross street.  Other screens seem to work okay, like bike details or actual speed.  Do I need a hard reset?  

8 hours ago, dba said:

I updated my Nav V and now it doesn't seem to work.  It won't find an address at all, and when I have it on the map, the cursor is not on the road.  It tells me the direction I'm traveling, but it won't list the upcoming cross street.  Other screens seem to work okay, like bike details or actual speed.  Do I need a hard reset?  

Morning David

Is it acquiring the satellites?   How long did you give it in an open-sky environment to find the proper satellites?  

You can probably fix it with a hard reset but that will erase some of your stored data & favorites, so back your GPS data up first.

You might try powering  it on while holding the power button and the zoom-out button at the same time - - this can force a sort-of cold-boot & sometimes get them working correctly  again. 

If the cold-boot doesn't help then you can try calling the Garmin tec help line as they can hopefully talk you through getting it working without having to do a full hard reset.    

12 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning David

Is it acquiring the satellites?   How long did you give it in an open-sky environment to find the proper satellites?  

You can probably fix it with a hard reset but that will erase some of your stored data & favorites, so back your GPS data up first.

You might try powering  it on while holding the power button and the zoom-out button at the same time - - this can force a sort-of cold-boot & sometimes get them working correctly  again. 

If the cold-boot doesn't help then you can try calling the Garmin tec help line as they can hopefully talk you through getting it working without having to do a full hard reset.    

Thanks, DR.  I was outside on the bike, on a road trip when I noticed this.  I'd been riding for at least two hours, when 4 miles from home, I asked it to "Go Home"  The device showed the purple line, but it was off the highway line, and as I approached intersections, it failed to tell me which way to turn.  

I don't even know how to do a hard reset.  I don't have many stored or favorites so that's not an issue.  

To reset to factory defaults, this method for the Garmin Zumo should work:

Power off completely by holding down the power button for five seconds and agree when asked to power off.

Power on. The Garmin logo will appear with a progress bar.

When additional info (copyright, etc.) appears at the bottom, press and hold the lower right corner of the screen.

Agree when "Erase User Data" appears.

I've found that a reset immediately after any software update saves a lot of strange behavior and grief down the road. 

If you have multiple maps checked in myMaps, like Open Street Maps and City Navigator NT, you can expect to lose voice directions and warnings of upcoming turns onscreen, though the magenta line is usually still correct.

;

• Like 1