IGNORED

White Water Rafting on Wedneday 6/29 at UnRally

randy

Ohiopyle  is also a great place to raft. About half of the distance. Falling Water is also right there. One of the coolest homes you'll ever see. Frank Lloyd Wright

• Like 1

This year we are going to try Ohiopyle
Ohiopyle Rafting, Whitewater Rafting Tours, Raft Rentals | Ohiopyle Trading Post

we leave Canann Valley at 8:30am

Arrive Ohiopyle at 10:30am for check in

On the river between 11:00am to 11:30am
3.5 hours on the river
back in Ohiopyle around 4pm
back in Canaan Valley at 6pm - 6:30pm

Cost is 80.00 per person
we need 12-18 people
if you are interested please respond in this PM and once we hit 12 people I will coordinate with Ohiopyle

• Like 1

Went there many times as a kid. Each fall, they would [and probably still do] have a Buckwheat pancake breakfast with all the proceeds going to the local F.D. If not rafting, that is still a great place to check out. Alot of old covered bridges, Falling Waters State Park, and the infamous gravity hill is not too far from there. I know we are going to take a day and ride the area.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Agreed, Randy! It was awesome! And like Tewks, Terri and I found it one of the best UN memories we've had (not that we've been to all that many UNs).   

I've done this several times on the American River. It is a BLAST!

If you're wondering if you should try it, you should.

I wish I could be there...

MachineJoe
On 5/24/2022 at 3:37 PM, TEWKS said:

That was one of the highlights of the 2007 UN for me! :yes: A lot of fun! :cool:

I feel the same ...... a great time rafting that day and remember it well

• Like 1

so far we only have 4 interested people.  unless we get a big rush over the weekend, those of us interested will just need to book a trip on our own.  

22 minutes ago, randy said:

so far we only have 4 interested people.  unless we get a big rush over the weekend, those of us interested will just need to book a trip on our own.  

How many do you need? Trying to talk the wife into it.