IGNORED

Plymouth's 20mph speed camera caught 1,100 in a day

MotoNews

Are we talking about 21 or 22 mph, 1 mile an hour over the limit?

Luckily in the state where I live, speed and red light cameras are constitutionally illegal.

7 hours ago, MotoNews said:
Image: 
20mph road sign

A new 20mph speed camera in Plymouth was able to catch over 1,000 speeding road users within 24 hours of its test phase beginning.

View the full article

They make black spray paint for a reason.  Certain enamels can be heck to get off of a camera lens, too.  Then there's the easy way.  Just cover up the back license plate on your 4x4 pickup with the class V receiver, use reverse, and stress test the pole that thing is sitting on. 

(No, my friend 9Mary7, I would NEVER EVER suggest doing something that might be illegal.  Like, maybe, setting up an illegal speed trap with a corrupt speed trap camera company, for government revenue purposes.  🙄😒)

• Thinking 1
szurszewski

I’m not a fan of speed cameras, and I am a tries-hard-not-to-be speeder (sort of like an alcoholic that’s currently sober?), but it seems like an easier solution than damaging the camera would just be not speeding through the area. I’m going to assume that some place with a 20mph limit is probably some place where speeding would be a bad idea regardless of enforcement.