IGNORED

What does the BC button do?

Bud

Morning Bud

Your signature shows a 1999 1100R, that bike doesn't have a BC button, what year & model hexhead are you working with so we can be more accurate with our response.  

That (BC) is the onboard computer button, it switches the dash screen display field to show different fields__ With engine running keep pushing the BC button & watch the dash display fields.

(things like)__

Residual range
Average speed
Average consumption
Oil level
Ambient temperature
Residual range
Residual range is calculated

The info should be in your riders (owners) manual. 

Thanks DR. Don't have an RT yet. Don't have an owners manual either but I'm looking for a camhead. 

Right now I've gone to the darkside with a 13 Concours, but it isn't the same and I continue to have beemer envy when I don't have one. :3:

PS the Connie is too much rocket for my crotch!

10 hours ago, Bud said:

Thanks DR. Don't have an RT yet. Don't have an owners manual either but I'm looking for a camhead. 

Right now I've gone to the darkside with a 13 Concours, but it isn't the same and I continue to have beemer envy when I don't have one. :3:

PS the Connie is too much rocket for my crotch!

Have been down the same road as you having FJR's, Connies and a ST1300.  Now own a '07 that has been a nice change.  If someone takes to doing their own maintenance they will find out these are not difficult to learn about.  Have had this RT coming on 2 years.  I see your considering a camhead but I will be selling this hex in the near future.  Just a comment:5146: