IGNORED

Fasterpill now lives 5 1/2 hours from Torrey

Fasterpill

Got myself transferred out of Upstate NY (AKA north Bablyon) to Pocatello Idaho. Actually I work out near Craters of the Moon.

I'm almost bikeless. Sold the faithful K12 to my nephew. Waiting for a garage to be built before buying something newer. 

I have a Wrangler for off road stuff, so I think I should get another sport tourer.  I see Dennis upgraded. Hope he got better boots.

Won't make Torrey this spring, but God willing, fall may be in the works. Depends on how the building costs go.

...And I am 3 1/2 hours from Stanley. 

• Like 2
Fasterpill

HAHA, Tewks, I'm not even looking yet since I don't have anywhere to put it yet! 

• Haha 1

I've seen them stored under a tarp.  It's a dry climate.  Welcome to the west.  You have some riding to do!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats.  Retired 9 years ago and made the move to the Western Slope of Colorado (Montrose) 5 years ago.  Now only 4 hours from Torrey (Google maps says 4.5 hours, but, you know. . . ).  In fact, we sometimes slide on over there just for lunch.

Idaho would have been my second choice.  Used to live in Sun Valley and loved the whole state.  Good road riding but superb off-roading.

8 hours ago, EffBee said:

Congrats.  Retired 9 years ago and made the move to the Western Slope of Colorado (Montrose) 5 years ago.  Now only 4 hours from Torrey (Google maps says 4.5 hours, but, you know. . . ).  In fact, we sometimes slide on over there just for lunch.

Idaho would have been my second choice.  Used to live in Sun Valley and loved the whole state.  Good road riding but superb off-roading.

I assume Montrose is like the rest of CO, home prices have doubled in the last 5-7 years. My son lives in Fort Collins, and a home that was 165K in 2013 when he started college is now over 400k.  unreal

On 5/27/2022 at 7:12 AM, randy said:

I assume Montrose is like the rest of CO, home prices have doubled in the last 5-7 years. My son lives in Fort Collins, and a home that was 165K in 2013 when he started college is now over 400k.  unreal

We were fortunate through a series of timely circumstances and we bought a couple of investment properties here in Western Colorado back in 2006-2008.   By 2014 things had nearly doubled, and by the time I moved here in 2018 (sans then "ex" wife), things had gone well past double and a few were nearing triple their original value.

It's made life comfortable and given me freedoms but not really any extravagances, which is fine cause I'm a Toyota and Timex kind of consumer and I live my life that way to this day (thus my '99RT rather than something newer).  But I do feel for the current generation.  The money that is driving up the prices is coming from fat public employee retirements as well as Silicon Valley-types from all over.  This generation is going to have to find its own way to retirement, let alone living in the "now."

• Plus 1 1