IGNORED

Suggestions please. Motorcycle Museums and Destinations

MichiganBob

MichiganBob

Good Day.

Now that I'm retired, I'm making my bucket list of motorcycle places to visit . Been to Barber, Kansas Motorcycle Museum, National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, Wheels through times, Tunnel of Trees, Deal's Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, most of Highway 1 in California, and rode Michigan to Alaska. The Isle of Man is in the planning stages. I'm eager to hear your recommendations for other museums, gathering places, best roads, and/or cool motorcycle shops. Many thanks,

Joe Frickin' Friday

The Harley Davidson factory museum in Milwaukee is pretty extensive, worth a visit.  From Michigan, you can take the Lake Express ferry right to Milwaukee, or save a few bucks and take the Badger ferry farther north.  

There's also Doc's, NW of Green Bay.  Haven't been there, but reportedly Roadog is on exhibit there.

• Plus 1 1

As far as roads go, Beartooth Pass is a highlight. The Chief Joseph Highway is near enough to hit as well as long as you are in the area.

The riding around Sturgis is great too, Needles and Iron Mountain roads, and many others, just not during Sturgis.

I had a chance to ride in the hills near San Diego one year, it was entertaining.

And don't discount the Driftless area south of you, great elevation and scenery changes totally unexpected in the middle of the country.

MichiganBob

Whoa mama, moto gp in weird town. Really tempting. Will get to see Rossi at Peoria this year. Hope he does well.