IGNORED

Great GS video

GelStra

Just makes me want to get GelStra off the beaten path and get dirty.

link

Oh, and if you know Swedish, fill me in!

Anyone else got any good ones?

Great video! Thanks.

Oh, and if you know Swedish, fill me in!

What's to fill in? Almost all the captions are place names. And being filmed in Norway they are Norwegian. The only non-placenames I saw were near the end, a route towards Oslo ('mot Oslo') and the last one which was ".. and so the ride draws to a close" or words to that effect. Maybe there were some that I missed?

What's to fill in? Almost all the captions are place names.

Hey, from my in-depth knowledge of Swedish and Norwegian, they could have been posting the names of their favorite soups! Or some subliminal Monty Python-esque taunting! confused.gif Thanks for easing my mind. Guess them Northerners are OK. thumbsup.gif

Talking of Swedish and soups, cue Swedish Chef. I almost stopped and took a photo when driving through Bork recently. On the Google map you can see Northern Bork, Southern Bork, and Bork Harbour. smile.gif I know it's not Sweden, but it's not too far away. Zoom out to see the location.

Sorry for being off-topic. I wasn't even on a GS when passing through.

Thanks, Stefan. Perhaps you could give us some more information on the camera you use, and how it is mounted on the bike? How do you manage to get the pictures so stable?

Thanks, Stefan. Perhaps you could give us some more information on the camera you use, and how it is mounted on the bike? How do you manage to get the pictures so stable?

Stefan, I had no idea you were a member here. Sorry for the "highway robbery" of your great work. blush.gif Please accept it as the highest compliment. I, too, would love to know how you set up and how you get it so stable. I have seen 4 of your videos and they are all first rate.

Paul

Beemer-Biker

I'm using is a standard Panasonic camcorder. One vital feature of the camcorder is the image stabilizer that works surprisingly well. The camcorder is mounted on a home-made bracket, fastened to the crash-bar of my 1150GS. In my first attempt with the bracket, I was using rubber cushings to reduce vibrations but it didn’t work at all. They made the camera to sway back and forth so I almost got sea-sick watching the video! Now the bracket is solid and it works quite well. I’m not sure how long the camera will last though because it does take a lot of torture from vibrations, dust, water and the spray of gravel from the guys in front of me.

Here's a picture of me where you can see the camera at the crash-bar.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13310175910.jpg&s=f5

Archived