IGNORED

Touratech X-Low Seat?

Twisties

Thinking about buying the Touratech x-low seat. Claims to be 2" lower than BMW standard. For reference, the BMW comfort low seat claims 1" lower, and the BMW low seat claims 1.2" lower. Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the Touratech product and can comment on how much lower it is and how comfortable?

Dave_in_TX

I don't have any first hand experience but have read a few posts on advrider about them. Reviews are mixed. A couple of people have found them comfortable but just as many have not. Looking at the seat, I do not see how they could be comfortable - a forward slope and very little padding.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Touratech low seat for my 2014 GS. It allows flat footing at a stop, but, the shape curves up sharply at the front and puts pressure there which is not comfortable for me. I am 6'1" and a big guy at 250 lbs. It may be ok for a smaller person. I picked up a Sargent seat and like it very much.

20220525_064836.jpg

• Like 1
On 5/25/2022 at 4:49 AM, Toter said:

I have a Touratech low seat for my 2014 GS. It allows flat footing at a stop, but, the shape curves up sharply at the front and puts pressure there which is not comfortable for me. I am 6'1" and a big guy at 250 lbs. It may be ok for a smaller person. I picked up a Sargent seat and like it very much.

20220525_064836.jpg

PM Sent