IGNORED

Liquid Cooled Boxer 1200 Valve Cover Guards (2013-18) - FYI

Scott9999

Scott9999

Price is pretty good, if you don't already have cylinder head protectors of some sort.

(I don't know the guy, but he has a posting history over on bmtlt.com, so buyer beware.)

Liquid Cooled Boxer 1200 Valve Cover Guards (2013-18)

(Note:  I didn't put this in the classified thread, because I'm not the seller.  It's just an "fyi" to those who might need something like this.  But mods can transfer this post there, if it's more appropriate.)

They look pretty cool, and I'd buy these in a second, but I already have crash bars on mine, and don't need them.

Those are the OEM valve cover protectors and I would risk it if I hadn't already put those exact protectors on my bike when I first purchased it in 2015.  As expected from an OEM part it is very good quality and does offer good protection without the jungle gym look of crash bars

Scott9999
4 hours ago, Paul De said:

Those are the OEM valve cover protectors and I would risk it if I hadn't already put those exact protectors on my bike when I first purchased it in 2015.  As expected from an OEM part it is very good quality and does offer good protection without the jungle gym look of crash bars

My 2005 Hexhead RT had OEM protectors, i.e. a couple of pieces of nylon on either valve cover side, which I considered adequate.  These look much improved over that, i.e. really, really good.  I'd have considered them (particularly at that gentleman's price), if I hadn't already put the bars on.  However, since my 2018 is the sport version red and black, they integrate pretty good with the RT.   No one's going to confuse it with a cafe racer, but then, no one's going to confuse a BMW tupperwared RT as a cafe racer anyhow.  😏  Since I've already had my (quite unexpected) tip-over while doing my little parking lot refresher training, I don't regret the bars.  I like the Heed (rear bars) even better (which I'll get around to writing a review for, when I have both the time and the mind to do so) than the Wunderlich.