IGNORED

Help with Parts

Rotor

I’ve been away from the brand for a while.  Recently, I picked up a fairly clean 2005 RT with only 19000 miles on it.  It does, however, need a bit of TLC.  I recall places like Beemer boneyard but they always seem to be out-of-stock on most things.  Where are you guys buying your OEM and aftermarket parts?  Currently, I know I need the left pannier retaining strap (the strap the recoils for the Pannier case so they don’t hit the ground).  Also, some body panel screws/plugs, etc.  Oil filters, handlebar risers that move them up and back, etc.  Like I said, I’ve been away for a while and don’t recall the vendors I once used.  Any help would be appreciated

MichiganBob

Just google used BMW motorcycle parts and a bunch come up. There was someone in California who was great to work with. I'll try to identify this business.

szurszewski

If you’re looking for new OEM stuff, then Bob’s as suggested above, or MaxBMW, or Sierra on the west coast. If you have a good local dealer they can probably offer the same or very similar prices to what the big “online” dealers offer. BeemerBoneyard, in my experience, usually has all the new parts and supplies they offer in stock - finding the right used bit though can be tricky (if you’re patient, use the feature that offers to email you when the part comes in again - this has worked for me more than once). If you’re not patient, look on eBay, post a want to buy ad on here or over on ADV. 

• Like 1

For electrical, brakes, clutch, and other items, Euro Motoelectrics is very good with new aftermarket items.  

https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/

For all those "SOLD" signs on BBY, don't let those disuade you - read the notice about them.  The new parts they sell are usually in stock.  Call them and ask, they are very helpful.

John Ranalletta
On 5/1/2022 at 6:46 PM, Rotor said:

I’ve been away from the brand for a while.  Recently, I picked up a fairly clean 2005 RT with only 19000 miles on it.  It does, however, need a bit of TLC.  I recall places like Beemer boneyard but they always seem to be out-of-stock on most things.  Where are you guys buying your OEM and aftermarket parts?  Currently, I know I need the left pannier retaining strap (the strap the recoils for the Pannier case so they don’t hit the ground).  Also, some body panel screws/plugs, etc.  Oil filters, handlebar risers that move them up and back, etc.  Like I said, I’ve been away for a while and don’t recall the vendors I once used.  Any help would be appreciated

Had very good experience with this BMW breaker in England.  Prices (at the time), delivery and service were fast and efficient.  If you can't find what you need in the US, this might work.

This page is indexed to your 2005 BMW R1200RT https://www.motorworks.co.uk/parts.html?find=r-series-r1200-r1200rt--09-2004---08-2009--203&sid=S00KHLBCnS

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I've used Rubbersideup, but it looks like their website is no more, yet they still have the ebaystore.  I generally look for used parts, I think the only thing I replaced "new" on my bike is tires.....all other bits and pieces have been used (stick coil, shock)

I've gotten a transmission and driveshaft from them.  Quick shipping and 'zactly as described.  That was 70k ago

• Thanks 1