IGNORED

Motoscan

BMWED

15 minutes ago, BMWED said:

Anyone have any experience or opinion on the Motoscan for their RT?

Seems like a viable alternative to the GS 911.

Evening  BMWED

I know a couple of riders using one, I haven't personally used one myself as the GS-911 is the go-to scanner as far as I'm concerned.  Especially for the special tests & real-time (riding)  data  accusation. 

I have worked with a few riders with specific  problems that were using the Motoscan to get the fault codes then sending those fault codes to me. It has been a struggle at times as the fault codes they sent me didn't line up with my known  BMW failure codes for the problem they were working on.  

szurszewski

I don’t have any experience with it, but I occasionally consider trying it out. When I’m feeling particularly curious, I’ll check in with the extensive thread over on ADV. If you have time, there’s lots of info there. (Mostly talking about GSs but, obviously, directly applicable to similar model year RTs):

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/motoscan-app-for-bmw-motorcycles.1320275/

dirtrider
On 4/30/2022 at 6:16 PM, BMWED said:

Thanks DR

Looks like the 911 is still top dog.

Morning  BMWED

It is depending on your needs & intended usage. 

If you want all the special functions, real time on-road data trapping, etc then the GS-911 IS  the device. If you just want to read & clear fault codes, do a service reminder re-set, & do a few special functions then the  Motoscan  is probably all you need.   

A couple things with motoscan: It's Android only and I think it requires specific OBD2 adapters. If you have an older bike that uses a DIN connector, then you'll need an adapter for the OBD2 device.