IGNORED

Remove "Expanding Rivet"

Twisties

New to me 2020 R 1250 GS, and first time trying to get the plastics off. 

Trying to follow the gps power and communication wire.  Supposedly, I can replace it with the BMW "repair plug" to power my Garmin 396 on my new to me 2020 1250 GS.  I've worked my way through a number of pieces....  Got the grill covers, the center tank cover, the beak, the tank side cover, and now working on the "covering fuel tank." and "air discharge duct"  It's all pretty obvious except for one odd connector at the front, down low.  It's plastic and hard to see.  I was able to get pics of it from the other side....  It appears to be what I call a pop rivet, BMW calls it an expanding rivet.  Suzuki used a lot of these on my old DR-650, and they were easy peasy.  These here, not so much.  I've tried prying the centers up with a screwdriver and pulling on the centers with a needle nose plier.  I've gotten some movement, but mostly am tearing the thing apart.  What is the proper way to remove this thing?

20220429_123951 (1).jpg

20220429_124025.jpg

20220429_124050.jpg

pop rivet.png

Well, I ripped it out, destroying it.  Fortunately, it's the one thing, other than the rider of course, which is cheap.  $1.52 gets me 4 ea from Max, with free shipping.  

I got the big tank panel off, but sadly still can't see where this wire goes very well.  Next step will be clearing away the air intake.