IGNORED

BMW Nav 6 for 2016 RT

simskid

I'm looking to replace my Garmin 660 with the BMW Nav 6 on my 2016 RT.  I assume it will fit the mount as does the 660?  Correct?  Or will I have to modify something?

Thanks

John

Do yourself a favor and get a ZUMO XT. It won't work with your Wonder Wheel,  but it is a far better  and robust unit.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

That, plus by this bracket so that it fits seamlessly into your BMW cradle, just like the NAV6.   There's a tutorial on how to install it (it's 2 part, the second applies to a second locking product).

E-nav XT RT

As far as losing the wonderwheel functionality, while that would have been a "nice to have", anything I do with the GPS is going to be done with the bike stationary, along the side of the road.  If I ever catch myself trying to touch or manipulate the GPS while the bike is in motion, I'll stop it immediately, take off my helmet, and knock myself over the head with my leather gloved repeatedly until I've acquired some common sense.  (Same with most of the other wonderwheel functions.)

:4907:

You do have to buy it from Italy, but they shipped quick, and the product works great.  The only "problem" I had with it after I snapped it in, not having had a NAV6 previously, was that I had no clue how to remove it.  (There's a button on the front dash to the side of the cradle.)    :dopeslap:

• Like 1