IGNORED

SOS roadscholar!

Hey Bill, Caffe REL is closed on Tuesday :(! Any other go to suggestions in Franklin or close by? 

Thanks if you see this! :clap:

roadscholar

Bummer, yeah Caffe Rel I think is just Thurs thru Sat now. The only other place I have recent experience with is the Sunset Restaurant just a little north of the downtown shopping district. Not in the same category as Caffe Rel but not bad either, just plain old down home cooking and family atmosphere. We drove by it on the way back to Highlands one night and were glad to find it, seems to be a regular for the locals and been there 45 years so they're doing something right. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sunset-restaurant-franklin

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
roadscholar
25 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Thanks guys! :thumbsup: Sunset it is! 

We just rode Tellico rd in the rain! :eek:

C1E56C1E-2F72-4A66-8AEC-E708E3678E03.jpeg

I bet that was fun : )

• Like 1

Chris you know me too well and it would have been the BBQ but we ate it twice at “questionable joints” and I want to build up the need for Jim’s down in Blairsville! :spittake:

• Like 1
roadscholar

Pat don’t know if you’re headed to Bville or back to MV but Clyde’s in Waynesville is a decent local spot too. It’s just off the expressway a couple exits S of the MV cutoff.

image.thumb.jpeg.284421571437f99783cdeebe055e6c59.jpeg

• Like 1
RandyShields
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Chris you know me too well and it would have been the BBQ but we ate it twice at “questionable joints” and I want to build up the need for Jim’s down in Blairsville! :spittake:

Chris wouldn't steer you wrong.  Heywood has some of the best BBQ in the mountains, particularly the brisket!

• Like 2
roadscholar
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Bill, Sunset was very nice! :thumbsup:

B84775C5-493C-4C3D-B2A6-A0277F11E68A.jpeg

And the Creekside has nice boot driers! :classic_biggrin:

4DD49773-E255-41FC-B717-CAC268E90453.jpeg

Another trick I learned from an old timer, stuff your boots full of wadded up newspaper overnight, they’ll be dry by morning.

if you don’t already have a plan ride the dirt Cherohala and maybe Joe Brown Hwy on the (roundabout) way to Bville. They’re on one of the routes but In case you don’t get to all of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+1 on the Joe Brown Highway near Copperhill, TN.   You can handle it.  I know.  I did it on an RT with a balding rear tire.  :ohboy:   Some day I will visit that on a dual sport bike with proper tread.   Some day.

EDIT:  it is that unpaved stretch starting closer to the dam and then makes its way to Tellico Plains.   That was the way the GPS was routing me on the way to me Allen for lunch.   I kept trying to re-calculate, but I did not want to be late.

• Like 1
RandyShields
25 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Another trick I learned from an old timer, stuff your boots full of wadded up newspaper overnight, they’ll be dry by morning.

Depends on the newspaper.  If it is a paper that supports the whoever's in power DC swamp politics, the boots will stay wet and never dry out.  If it avoids all the politics, the boots could be dry before dawn.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Newspaper?   What about the digital version?

If you stick your phone in your boot and plug in the charger, it may burn down your boots. 

• Haha 2