IGNORED

GS Luggage?

Twisties

Edit  Never mind:  The salesperson was wrong.  The bike has touratech luggage.  Deposit is placed and pick-up scheduled for Tuesday.  2020 1250 GS Blue.

Well, one of the bikes I'm looking at has no side or top cases.  Can you say STICKER SHOCK.  A set of three cases from BMW or Jesse is coming up in the $2600 range with mounts.  Last time I bought, in 2012, Jesses came in around $1200 for all three.  I've seen the Touratechs.  They're no cheaper.  What other brands are out there and how do they compare?

roadscholar

Givi is pretty good quality Jan, I had all 3 bags (old style) on a Wee I used to leave in Colorado but usually only needed the top box for day trips. If I remember correctly they hold a full face helmet but you may want to double check. Easy to take on and off and never had a problem with them. 

IMG_0249.JPG 

Another option to consider, and nearly all our CADS guys have and swear by them on their big adventure bikes is Mosko luggage. Not your typical soft luggage; high quality, waterproof, rigid backing and mounting, I think expandable, and don't break or bend with a tipover. 

Moskopannier9.jpg

https://moskomoto.com/collections/motorcycle-luggage

There are also some cheaper hardcase options similar looking to Jesse's that I can't remember the names of at the moment but as with most things you get what you pay for. Although it does seem the uber pricey stuff you mentioned has moved more into the arena of fashion and less of utility but must admit they do enhance a GS's image of badassness thereby likely increasing it's value : )

• 3 weeks later...

So, my bike came with luggage, but the one we got for Sharon @Bullett didn't.  We ordered Givi Monokey Trekker Dolomiti from a reputable retailer.  Apparently on Givi's page they note that this system is not compatible with the bike.  But, the retailer indicated they fit..  FWIW, they were great about return authorization, paid for return shipping, and gave $50 in store credit for our trouble.  

Givi has the Trekker Outback for the 1250 GS, but they only have 37 and 48L side cases in that line...  

We ended up with the Touratech Zega Mundo line.  It differs from the Touratech  Zega Evo that is on my bike in that the cases are not anodized and don't have the black plastic corners.  Otherwise, they seem the same and costs are much more approachable.  They should be here Tuesday, in time for Torrey!  She got the 31/38L combination, as is on my bike, resulting in a 38" butt width.  It seems huge.  I can't even imagine the larger bags, but then I realize that our RT's are considerably wider in the butt with the BMW integral side cases mounted.