IGNORED

Glove contacts

Skywagon

I found a new product that really worked for me.  Touching the Iphone with leather gloves on is no bueno.  It won't work.  There was a glove mfg that advertised here last year that they had installed something in the finger tip that would work.  Silly me, I bought two pair.  Nice gloves and I use them, but no bueno on the Iphone.

I found these on Amazon...or did Amazon find me...I don't remember.  Today I put one on my leather gloves and low and behold they work really good.  I was quite surprised.  It's nice to be able to do things  without taking off your glove.  I think there are 5 in the pack.  I think they are around $16.  No affiliation, just passing on the news.

finger.jpg

• Like 1

David,

I found something like that a Cycle Gear several years back, not the same brand, and they worked well with the phone for one or two rides and fell off.  The adhesive wasn't up to the task.   I thought about stitching them on by hand (no puns allowed) or a better glue.  I hate having to stop, take off the glove, do the phone, put the glove back on, etc etc, but it may be safer that way.  Somewhere I picked up a pen with the phone stylus tip and keep in on the tank bag.  Not as handy as a finger but works.  Kinda.

Please let us know the results after a few rides and warm weather.

szurszewski

I have been using these since version one - currently they are on version three (version two was only in production a short time). The creator/owner of the brand is on ADV and I’ve emailed him a bit. 

@Lowndes I would bet a pack of these that you had version 1. They worked ok but didn’t stick well. Version two worked ok and stuck better but were very delicate and would wear off in pieces. Version three works better, sticks better and doesn’t seem to be as fragile. 

If you apply them carefully (very clean leather, some heat or at least warmth, some pressure and then let them rest 24 hours before use) they conform and stick very well.

I find the best placement is where you actually touch the glove to the screen -

which for most people is the tip of the finger and the side and pad of the thumb. I don’t know why you’d want to use them as pictured on the packaging. I always suggest people take a few moments to study how they use the phone without gloves and then position the stickers based on that. 

My primary gloves have a set I put on almost a year/10,000 miles ago and they are still in excellent shape. 

I’ve not had good luck with supposedly touch enabling gloves, so I really like these. Even if they wear out and I replace them each year that’s fine. So far though v3 looks to not need that. I do keep a partial pack in my tankbag in case I need to replace one while on a trip. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks all...time will tell as I have all of 1 day on them. Only put it on my index finger so I have 4 replacements if necessary.  So far so good.  I actually put my glove on then applied them.  That way I was pretty sure I would get it in the right place.

• Thanks 1

These worked really well for me this past weekend, except they don't prevent you from running out of gas.

THANKS for posting, David!!

szurszewski
6 hours ago, Lowndes said:

These worked really well for me this past weekend, except they don't prevent you from running out of gas.

THANKS for posting, David!!

Glad to hear they worked for you. I rode to work yesterday in a pair of gloves that have just one scrap of a v2 sticker - need to find my backup package and put on new stickers. 

That gas thing is a major oversight - I’ll send Gregorio an email and suggest he include a fuel reserve in v4!