IGNORED

X-Head Engine Gaurds

Fastfwd01

I'm the new owner of a Light White '22 R 1250 RS. It is the 'Sport' model with the stainless steel engine spoiler that is not compatible with the traditional engine guards. Does anyone have experience with these X-Head or a similar guard? Is there a better option recommended?

I went with ilium works for my engine guards on my '19 RT and do not have issues with them.  I cannot say anything about those guards that you referenced..

Got these in. Easy install. The instructions do say to take them off occasionally to clean underneath so dirt doesn't build up. That may scratch the painted surfaces if not taken care of idk. Otherwise, these look totally stock to my eyes.  Hopefully they would provide sufficient protection from a tip over, etc. if needed.

2022-04-29-11_13_15_531.JPG

• Like 2

Had the same experience as Fastfwd01.  Simple install in minutes.  They're beefier than the pics look and seem like they'd hold up well to simple tip over.  It's got a nice thick rubber section on the inside.  IMG_0840.thumb.jpg.0665f5249e7a1be30eec13c2e53075f0.jpg

• Like 1

"They're beefier than the pics look and seem like they'd hold up well to simple tip over."

One way to find out......... 

• Haha 1
Scott9999
14 hours ago, Hosstage said:

"They're beefier than the pics look and seem like they'd hold up well to simple tip over."

One way to find out......... 

Hey, I did my duty for y'all after I installed my Wunderlich (clone) bars.  No guts, no glory?  🤣

Besides, bmwst.com ought to have a rule for crash protection reviews.  Gotta post REAL test results.   😏

I mean, really, don't ya care about the rest of us????  🙃😁🍻

image.thumb.jpeg.207aef5399c5b333971c62abb7d912bf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6aef7cf06074381889b979dbeb497ec8.jpeg