IGNORED

2008 RT EWS No Start even with new ring antenna.

Rider1260

(2008 RT)  So I was having intermittent EWS no starts , I was able to get the bike to start after repeated on off cycles. 

Ordered new ring antenna , same issue. 

Is it off to the dealer or is there another fix I am missing. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Rider1260 said:

(2008 RT)  So I was having intermittent EWS no starts , I was able to get the bike to start after repeated on off cycles. 

Ordered new ring antenna , same issue. 

Is it off to the dealer or is there another fix I am missing. 

Thanks 

Afternoon   Rider1260

Do you have access to a GS-911, that might show you something?

It's usually the antenna ring, or the wire pigtail to/from the antenna  ring,  or a problem with one or more of the keys (have you tried all your keys, ONE at a time, with no other keys in the ignition switch area?)

Does it start better (no EWS) if you move the motorcycle to a different area? (could be a stray RFI signal where it's at now)

Thanks for the reply :) 

I just removed the Ring Antenna Connection , plugged in the new antenna ring put in my key in it and tried to start with the other key ( switched keys also ) 

like I have seen in youtube videos. 

Yes I have a 911 Ill hook it up tommorow , I would expect to see the EWS fail , anything else I should be looking for ?? 

Yes I tried both keys ( no difference ) 

As far as moving it around I've had it intermittently fail in several locations, Usually moving all devices away from the bike and cycling the ignition enough times will get me going BUT that's no way to live. it first happened late in the season last year. It has gotten progressively worse. 

It does not really seem to matter I've had trouble free days with Phone , IPass, GPS, Cardo  all mounted to bike , I've had issues with no electronics near the bike. 

10 hours ago, Rider1260 said:

Thanks for the reply :) 

I just removed the Ring Antenna Connection , plugged in the new antenna ring put in my key in it and tried to start with the other key ( switched keys also ) 

like I have seen in youtube videos. 

Yes I have a 911 Ill hook it up tommorow , I would expect to see the EWS fail , anything else I should be looking for ?? 

Yes I tried both keys ( no difference ) 

As far as moving it around I've had it intermittently fail in several locations, Usually moving all devices away from the bike and cycling the ignition enough times will get me going BUT that's no way to live. it first happened late in the season last year. It has gotten progressively worse. 

It does not really seem to matter I've had trouble free days with Phone , IPass, GPS, Cardo  all mounted to bike , I've had issues with no electronics near the bike. 

Morning Rider1260

You can poke around using your GS-911 (at least with the WiFi version), I haven't looked at a hexhead key status in a while so don't want to confuse you by missing a step (when I'm hands-on it's sort of a non-thinker).

Start by going to___ Service functions, then BMSK (or BMSK adaptions), then to View Key Status.    In any case if you have a newer GS-911 & your GS-911 is updated there are some key functions to look at. 

• 1 month later...

Well at least it seems to be fixed now , seems there was some failing wiring near the headstock , ended up taking it to my dealer took a bit to get to the bottom of the problem , just happy to ride again :) 

• Like 2