IGNORED

2014 1200RT Powerlet Question

K100Fran

I have a 2014 RT that I purchased used. While I had the tupperware off to replace the air filter I noticed the Powerlet label, pictured below. Since the bike has the technology package it came with an accessory outlet. What does the Powerlet give me that stock didn't? I checked Powerlet's website, but wasn't able to figure it out. I don't see any serial numbers on the wiring harness. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Fran

IMG_4169.JPG

I can't tell what I'm looking at?  But if it's a powerlet accessory plug it will bypass the Cam-bus so you can put more load then the ones on your RT, it also may be hot all the time. 

Cant tell by the picture.  Can you show us the terminating end...where you plug in?  As Straraj suggested it might be an additional or replacement outlet to improve load.  It could also be a US version cigar plug versus the european DIN

Powerlet is just a accessory brand name, not a particular device.  They had many products, some of which used an ISO 4165 outlet , like the BMW accessory outlet. I think they may be out of business. Pre-COVID, there were a number of posts complaining that they were accepting orders and payments, but not shipping product.

Trace the wire, see what is on the ends. 

• Plus 1 1

Thank you all. I removed the panel and took a few more pics. I don't have time to remove the knee panel again and trace the leads nor do I have anything with a male end that fits the plug. But looking at the pics and at Powerlet's website I think I have their Panel Mount Kit. If that's the case, it's a nice surprise and if I ever decide to get heated gear I'll be set.

Thanks again!

v/r

Fran

IMG_4173.JPG

IMG_4172.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

• 2 months later...