IGNORED

1200RT Brake and Clutch Fluid Reservoirs Wobble

Boulder Dave

Boulder Dave

Just picked up a 2012 1200RT. The brake and clutch fluid reservoirs on the levers are quite wobbly. Is there a way to de-wobble them?  There are no obvious fastners to access. 

10 hours ago, Boulder Dave said:

Just picked up a 2012 1200RT. The brake and clutch fluid reservoirs on the levers are quite wobbly. Is there a way to de-wobble them?  There are no obvious fastners to access. 

Morning Dave

Are the screws that hold the reservoirs on tight?   (look up from underneath). If so then that is about all you can do. 

ANgyWxe.jpg

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Boulder Dave said:

to de-wobble them?

Even with tight screws they will still "float" a bit.....It's a Camhead thing. Congrats on the new 2 you bike! You'll find it is a great step up from an 1150.:thumbsup:

Boulder Dave
2 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Dave

Are the screws that hold the reservoirs on tight?   (look up from underneath). If so then that is about all you can do. 

ANgyWxe.jpg

Perfect. Thank you!

54 minutes ago, Boulder Dave said:

Perfect. Thank you!

Afternoon Dave

Don't try to over-tighten those screws as those "urine cup" reservoirs usually do move or float around a little as normal.  

• Like 1

The clutch/brake reservoirs on my 2011RT also "float" a little, which I suppose is by design.  No leaks yet in the 12k miles in two years I have put on the bike,  so I guess the design works.   Now that I mentioned it, they will probably start leaking tomorrow...

• Like 1
bruce2000ltc

I couldn't understand how the clutch/brake reservoirs on my 2013RT could be tight and non-floating while the rest of you quote the opposite.  That is, until I looked at the parts fiche for '10-13 RT's.  RT's manufactured from 08/12 have different clutch/brake master cylinders.  My 2013RT has the new non-floating versions.

• Like 1