IGNORED

Arai Signet X helmet /pandemic

randy

so for really the first time the pandemic has hit me.  I need an Arai Signet X  (XL size) new helmet.  Prior to 2020 I would just wait until Feb - March and Arai always had major discounts on their "Old color scheme" helmets usually around 485.00 vs 695.00.

I did not care about the helmet color just needed an Arai Signet X.  Well now it seems XL is mostly out of stock.  NO discounts for discontinued colors, and if I am going to pay full price (now 719.99), I might as well get the color I want, but basically only Black and White are available.  

I really need a new helmet but really do not want to pay full price for a color I do not want.  Such a first world problem  :-)

Randy have you tried to contact The Service Pavilion? I have bought all my Arai helmets from them and have a gotten a better price than other retailers. (610) 960-2245

9 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

That pretty much applies to a lot of riding gear as well.   :ohboy:

I found that 80% to 90% of the riding gear I was interested in that actually fit me, was out of stock on Revzilla and Amazon, including jacket, trousers, and helmets.

I felt very lucky to score deals around last Thanksgiving on an LS2 Valliant helmet for my wife on Amazon, and an LS2 Valliant II helmet for myself from a European web site (i.e. shipped direct from Spain within four days).  Those helmets normally run in the $300 to $400+ range, and I think I got them for about 40% off.  The colors weren't ideal, but they were acceptable for the discount.  I do agree, though, if I'm paying full bill to the tune of over $500 for a helmet (let alone what I paid), I want EXACTLY what I want delivered to my door.   

Just can't expect that anymore.   (I'd talk about the "why's" of it, i.e. it's not just "COVID", if this were the full throttle thread, but it's irrelevant to the problem anyways, it is what it is, and we have to deal with it the best we can.)   Gotta take what we can get, shut up about it, and just tolerate the "blessings" bestowed upon us by our "betters".🙄

I'm sure the Arai is a top flight helmet, but I'm very impressed with these LS2's.  They're the best helmets I've ever purchased, including my old Nolan and Bell's.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, randy said:

so for really the first time the pandemic has hit me.  I need an Arai Signet X  (XL size) new helmet.  Prior to 2020 I would just wait until Feb - March and Arai always had major discounts on their "Old color scheme" helmets usually around 485.00 vs 695.00.

I did not care about the helmet color just needed an Arai Signet X.  Well now it seems XL is mostly out of stock.  NO discounts for discontinued colors, and if I am going to pay full price (now 719.99), I might as well get the color I want, but basically only Black and White are available.  

I really need a new helmet but really do not want to pay full price for a color I do not want.  Such a first world problem  :-)

Motorcycle Gear  https://www.motorcyclegear.com/ had them on sales a couple of months ago, sorry that doesn't help today...

On 4/8/2022 at 7:02 PM, Bernie said:

Randy have you tried to contact The Service Pavilion? I have bought all my Arai helmets from them and have a gotten a better price than other retailers. (610) 960-2245

I had forgotten about Service Pavilion.  They use to come to Barber for certain races, and I would always go on Sunday just as they were closing up and if they had a XL signet on close out I would buy it.  Always got a good deal. then they stopped coming.  Just checked this morning and yes they have XL in the silver color, full retail price, guess I will be paying that price.  Of course as soon as I do, Arai will catch up, flood the market and prices will drop 20% :-)

Wow service pavilion must be doing very well.  they are closed for TWO weeks in April.  Do not open until April 19.  You would think a motorcycle business would close in Jan or Feb, not April. Very interesting.